Turn on thread page Beta

Can you tell when a girl is on her period? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADREAM)
    Really? Maybe it wasn't her period then? :dontknow:

Maybe I should just have sex with you instead. :coma:
    Haha. Well, I've never had sex during the first day or two when I'm bleeding the most but after that it's no problem at all, in my experience. I suppose all girls are different though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's something that all girls have to go through. Although everyone has sympathy for them, I don't think they have the right to take out their anger/moodiness on others when they're having them. So can you tell when girls are having them?
    I have mood swings at the moment and I better not try to comment your non-sense. It's ******* uncontrollable, it's not like we're having an anger-party filled with joy and aggression. :rant:

ReputationRep:
    No, you cannot tell.

There are no signs at all.

/thread

ReputationRep:
    It's something that all girls have to go through. Although everyone has sympathy for them, I don't think they have the right to take out their anger/moodiness on others when they're having them. So can you tell when girls are having them?
    ...but we can't help being moody at that time of the month. It's hormones and we can't really control it
    Have sympathy :redface:

ReputationRep:
    The only sign you can see (that excludes the actually blood flowing which is a pretty big sign) is bigger breasts than usual...

...and the main sign you hear is general moodiness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ßlαcksωαn)
    Can PMS make a you feel suicidal?
    PMDD's a worse form of PMS/PMT. It occurs in somewhere between 3 and 10 percent of women and basically your body doesn't cope with the hormones produced at that time of the month nearly as well as it should. I'm crap at explaining it but you become totally unable to cope with your emotions, you feel extremely depressed, like life is worthless, kind of like you'll never be happy again, much moreso than just ordinary PMT. Taking the pill can make it better – and thankfully, for me it does – but it can also make it worse. It all depends on the person.

It's so hard to explain to someone that's never experienced it :\ sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it's called instinct bro.

(Original post by ADREAM)
    :no:

Urgh. Don't remind me of that hellish night, please. Blood. Everywhere. Urgh. :sad:
    wot happened?

ReputationRep:
    blood on your willy

ReputationRep:
    Its no different to when you feel a bit moody and snap at someone. Those feelings just happened to be heightened for women right before their period.

ReputationRep:
    I'm far moodier when I'm just tired in comparison to the 'PMT' phase. Hell hath no fury greater than when I'm fatigued...

ReputationRep:
    My gf's mood changes all the time, so i cant tell from that. But she goes to the loo twice as much on her period so thats always the sign

ReputationRep:
    Nothings more annoying than being pissed off and someone being like "ohh shes on her period" actually, no im not, im just pissed off at you!

ReputationRep:
    I don't get PMT or bloated before/during my period. The only difference with me is that my eating habits might change slightly, but there are usually loads of reasons why that might happen. So, with me at least, I'd say people can't tell.

In fact, I was at a good, old-fashioned sleepover yesterday [gotta love them], and had no idea that a friend of mine was on her period until she told me [she told me because it meant she couldn't do a dare - yes, we were being kids again lol]

ReputationRep:
    They attract bears!

ReputationRep:
    Guys, not physically can you tell (that's just wrong) but by her emotions and attitude. Sorry I should have been more accurate. I mean PMS/PMT or whatever it's called.
    Some girls never get PMT, like me. And my attitudes never change.
    So have fun trying to figure if a girl is on her period or not.

ReputationRep:
    yes a sign appears over their head saying "BACK OFF NO ENTRY" for a week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    You can see their fangs when they're on.
    someone just earned themselves a pos!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainbow-Dream)
    ...but we can't help being moody at that time of the month. It's hormones and we can't really control it
    Have sympathy :redface:
    Yet when we get pissed off about having out girlfriend/friends in a horrific mood for X number of days we get told off for it! Even if your sympathetic and such during the time their feeling crap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchGal)
    There's much more to women than their hormones...
    Whoah, you're so so so wrong.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 3, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.