The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

bloating - sometimes you see the skinny girls with usually flat bellies have bigger bellies.
NOT wearing white or light coloured jeans/skirts.
some wear a long, dark coloured cardigan/jacket that covers their bottom (just in case they have an accident).
They go to the toilet more often than usual and when they go, they take their bag with them.
Some will be moody and irritable.
Some will have their hand on their lower abdomen and crouching a bit, ocassionaly - experiencing cramps.
they will take painkillers or ask some friends for some.
Reply 81
I can tell with my friends. Usually because they are curled up in the corner eating chocolate and shouting WHY AM I IN SO MUCH PAIN???
Reply 82
The only way you could tell with me is if I'm walking around breathing like a woman in labour and clutching my back whilst swallowing pills every 2 hours.
Original post by Eddie_90
The only sign you can see (that excludes the actually blood flowing which is a pretty big sign) is bigger breasts than usual...

...and the main sign you hear is general moodiness

They would not normally be noticeably bigger than normal. In general, they just feel bigger as they are sore/tender

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my E15i
Original post by Porscha!
Either I'm very lucky or girls really do make too much of the whole period thing, I don't get PMS/PMT or whatever you want to call it, may get a little stomach ache for 1 day and all done by day 3.

I do think periods are used as a big excuse for girls to be nasty and bitchy sometimes, not only to men but other girls too. :frown:

How old are you? Im 23 and other than once in school when I thought I was gonna hurl, I never used to be any different on my period (other than the obvious). However, for the last 3 years or so I get terrible beforehand and during (never after). They make me feel sick and I get agonising pains (I had a miscarriage at 17, the pain is very similar to that) when I go to the toilet and I have zero energy! Just wait missy ;-)

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my E15i
The red stuff down there sort of gives it away sometimes...
Well I know for a fact I'm either physically sick or extremelly nauseas (spelling fail) the night before my period comes and at easter time I had 2 bouts of kidney stones or kidney infections (was never properly diagnosed) in 2 weeks which has left my kidneys extremly tender and they always flare up when I'm on no idea why so I end up waddling about clutching my sides and feeling.as though I'm going to barf at any.moment aside from that I don't actually mind having a period (at least I ain't pregnant)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gemma16
Its nothing to do with moods with me and my friends. my friends dont moan more when they are on & I mean ive constantly been on since April, and i get moody, but nothing to do with my period, its because of something whats just happened..

Could be do with your period though... I mean, I don't get PMS often, but I've noticed that around the time that I'm on if somethings makes me cross, it makes me VERY cross. I don't think PMS necessarily makes you aggressive about everything, just more likely to get aggressive/moody in the first place haha!
Original post by Hippysnake
You can see their fangs when they're on.

made me laugh :lol: too much truth in this
I hardly feel anything at all. In fact the trouble is I can't always tell when my period comes. I feel no pain or anything. The only way to know is when the blood starts dripping. I have an estimate in terms of amount of days though.
I am hands up admitting that I am a moody cow on my period ...
Until you have experienced this lads you will never understand :wink: x
Reply 91
When you go down on them and taste salty pennies. Or when it looks like you've been punched in the face, hard afterwards.
Reply 92
You should know whether or not your gf is on her period though.
Yes. There is often a medicinal smell, and greatly increased frequency of distemperedness, sour-faced expressions, and snappy remarks. Not to mention the barely audible Parthian glances one might hear, especially if one isn't on already good terms with the women in question.

That, and the fact that there are usually a few bears in the vicinity. Bears are, of course, attracted to period blood.
I don't think you can tell. Definitely not a universal thing anyway. Perhaps a girl may be more or less sensitive (mood wise or sexually) at different times in her cycle, but everyone will be different. Mine's like clockwork because of being on the pill, so I have it all written out on my calendar, which only me and my boyfriend see anyway - find it easier him being able to know, makes it less awkward than getting 'in the mood' and then saying 'errr, I'm on, do you mind' lol.
Reply 95
I tend to be fine, except for the first day when I'm curled up in agony :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 96
Yes because most girls get a pimple on their chin :cool:
Reply 97
Eurgh it's really weird for me. Kinda gross but..

I know technically it smells, it's dead blood or whatever, but my nose is like super sensitive to it for some unknown reason (I wish it wasn't!). I can even smell 'period' if someone's, say, walked down a corridor a few minutes before and no ones gone past before me. I didn't realise it was unusual until I said it once and people were like 'eww what do you mean you can smell period'

So yeah I can tell if some one is on without even having to look at them

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/
Reply 98
Just to be confusing i am really cheerful on my period and fairly grumpy off, so no, no way of telling.

And im sorry our being moody bugs you OP funnily enough the way hormones affect you isnt something thats really easy to control. Its a hormonal change not just a mood swing b/c we feel like being moody that day. ok?

Also consider the fact that having blood sweeping out of your vag for seven days and period pains which are for some ladies very severe would put anyone in a bad mood let alone someone hormonal.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 99
Today I was sitting next to a girl in a class. She looked tired, said she was angry. Bit mad than normal. Poking me, closing my books and disturbing me. She usually doesnt do any of these. Was so tempted to ask "Are you on your period?". Being the gent I am, I didnt.

Latest