Does a kiss count as cheating? watch

• View Poll Results: A kiss counts as cheating
    Yea, it counts as cheating.
    95.26%
    Nope. You're wrong kag.
    4.74%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    Well does it? I think it does. My friend says that only sex counts as cheating. I think she's silly.
    I'd say so. Then again, I think even openly flirting with somebody is kinda cheating. I'm lame D:

Yes and no

Its difficult to explain though.

ReputationRep:
    I would say it does. It is being intimate with someone, so yeah.

I slept in the same bed twice with a girl I met on holiday last week. Before going back to her apartment we used to break away from our friends in the club, walk hand-in-hand down to the beach where we would have deep conversations, whilst cuddling and kissing (no sex and no tongues). I personally don't consider this as cheating, then again if I was her BF, I certainly wouldn't be a happy bunny! I've also kept in contact with her via facebook and by ringing her most nights.

ReputationRep:
    if you do things you're only supposed to do with your partner/boyfriend with someone else, it's cheating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I slept in the same bed twice with a girl I met on holiday last week. Before going back to her apartment we used to break away from our friends in the club, walk hand-in-hand down to the beach where we would have deep conversations, whilst cuddling and kissing (no sex and no tongues). I personally don't consider this as cheating, then again if I was her BF, I certainly wouldn't be a happy bunny! I've also kept in contact with her via facebook and by ringing her most nights.
    That is completely and utterly cheating! Even if you didn't have sex the emotional connection is there, and the kissing and cuddling :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I'd be gutted if my boyfriend kissed someone else... I always think of it like this: put yourselves in your partners shoes and think would you like it done to you?? Usually the answer is no, so i'd never do it

ReputationRep:
    I consider kissing to be cheating, yes.

However, I don't feel the same when my lady friend kisses another girl... That just doesn't threaten me at all. If I saw another guy trying to kiss her, I'd go ape though.

Double standards, haha!

ReputationRep:
    Well does it? I think it does. My friend says that only sex counts as cheating. I think she's silly.
    We have something in common.
    Such intimate contact between you and your partner is just that. Sharing it with another person is cheating. I don't know of anyone who snogs their friends, such acts are saved for relationships.

ReputationRep:
    It depends.

ReputationRep:
    Of course it counts as cheating, unless they didn't mean it. Any sexual contact with someone else classifies as cheating. And kissing is a sexual act. 'Cos you wouldn't kiss your mother

(Original post by Thorn89)
    That is completely and utterly cheating! Even if you didn't have sex the emotional connection is there, and the kissing and cuddling :confused:
    I know, I know mate But we (pardon the cliche) just clicked so well. She's utterly beautiful, intelligent and really funny.. how could I resist? I might be driving up to see her and her friends for a slumber/bday party soon with a few of my pals. This is deep ****.

ReputationRep:
    to be honest, it depends on the circumstances. if it's kissing some guy in a club that you don't know that's cheating, i mean, why would you do it? unless you were attracted to them and trying to make a move. but then if it's a guy mate and they kiss you on the cheek or whatever or vice versa, it's just being friendly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know, I know mate But we (pardon the cliche) just clicked so well. She's utterly beautiful, intelligent and really funny.. how could I resist? I might be driving up to see her and her friends for a slumber/bday party soon with a few of my pals. This is deep ****.
    If you like her, and she likes you, and you have honestly connected, that is fair enough, not much can be done about that lol.

But it is still cheating :p:

(Original post by Thorn89)
    If you like her, and she likes you, and you have honestly connected, that is fair enough, not much can be done about that lol.

But it is still cheating :p:
    yeah I'm gonna try and chillout a bit until I next see her, and it starts all over again! Plus, I've seen a pic of this dude and he's got nothing on me mhahah :cool:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    yes, goodbye gf if she did that (when i can be bothered to have one). which is never....for the exact reason that some of them think kissing aint cheating.

pfft.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the context. Lip-to-lip kisses are a no, but between totally platonic friends I think I peck on the cheek while greeting or saying goodbye is fine. It's the intention- if a girl I knew fancied my boyfriend did that I wouldn't be happy (with her, not him), but with his female friends that I know I wouldn't have a problem. If a kiss on the cheek is just that, without the impression that there's sexual feelings, then fair enough. If either party wants more, not happy.

ReputationRep:
    it depends on the person, i think?

If someone kisses people regularly then kissing another guy/ girl may be just another kiss but nth els. I would say no in this case, unless he/ she is doing the intimate kissing!

If someone like me, who only do hugs and kisses with my bf, then yeah kissing is cheating! Even on the cheek as I never kiss anyone on the cheeks apart from guys I fancied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsgoquack)
    Depends where you kiss them?

A baby on the forehead: not cheating
    A guy friend on the cheek: probably okay
    A strange guy on the cheek: getting a bit dodgy
    A guy on the lips: cheating! but I forgive you
    A guy on the ****: GTFO my life! :mad:
    A baby on the ****: GTFin jail.
    lawl

ReputationRep:
    She is definately silly. A kiss is cheating. If it's something you wouldn't want your partner to see you do with someone else, then yes it's cheating

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.