Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I'm an international (eu) student coming to Sheffield this Sept. I'm looking for a double room in some shared flat/house to live together with my boyfriend (both postgrads), but we now got a bit confused while looking for accomodation.

All the rooms we can find are available from now and there's only few letting from September. Is it very difficult to find a room in September? And is it possible to arrange everything via internet, because we'd like to come closer to the start of the studies.

Another qiestion is where it's best to look for accomodation? We are checking gumtree and spareroom.co.uk. Anything else worth checking?

And the last question: Once on this forum I found a link to some Sheffield University forum, where people were announcing rooms to let, but I didn't save it and can't find it anymore. Maybe you know what I'm talking about and can give me this link again?

Thanks a lot!!!

ReputationRep:
    Okay people mainly advertise their spare rooms etc on here:

http://www.shef.ac.uk/union/student-voice/uforums/

As you have pointed out, most contracts do start in July but you will find places here and there still looking for people and there are houses that are yet to find tenants so you wont have any difficulties finding anything like that.

The problem you may have is that most shared houses would not want to let one room out to two people as there could be legal issues rising from this and also it could become a little unfair with rent matters so you will need to consider that when you are looking.

ReputationRep:
    You might find it difficult to find a landlord who is willing to let one room to two people. If you want to do that you might have to rent dedicated student accommodation, such as Opal or Unite, who have dedicated double rooms (and available from September).

ReputationRep:
    You could also check out the West One complex in the city centre as I know they are willing to let studio apartments to couples - could be an option if you have difficulties getting a landlord to let you share a room.
    You could try www.accommodationforstudents.com too

ReputationRep:
    http://www.shef.ac.uk/union/student-...n-board-b15.0/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.