Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I woke up on Friday with what can only be described as an open sore on the bit of skin between my lip and nose :rolleyes:
    I was getting a cold sore on my actual lip that morning so used a Compeed patch and that coldsore is healing ok. However the other open sore has started to weep a lot of yellow/green-ish puss.
    I know you are all going to say see a Doctor but it is Sunday and raining, plus I want a bit of self help. I have used the compeed patches and I left the sore to heal overnight without a patch but then at 11am replaced it.... now when I touched the patch the fluid came out.

What can I do. Thanks for your help.

ReputationRep:
    a herpes remedy?

ReputationRep:
    if its a coldsore you could get a coldsore cream Zoviorax its a about £5 but you can get cheaper versions, TCP might help if its infected

ReputationRep:
    well i thought you could only get them on your lips, not near your nose?

ReputationRep:
    Haha You Have Herpes

ReputationRep:
    DISGUSTING! You've got oral herpes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebeccaa)
    well i thought you could only get them on your lips, not near your nose?
    I think it can spread sometimes but It might be something else maybe something simular ?
    jeez people are so immature, cold sore strain is a different strand than what can get on your balls.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure it's still complex though, and incurable. I know a friend who had herpes simplex, which really is different, and she got rid of that. I really did object to her using my scissors to pick off all the dead skin from it though, that was kinda icky.

Your best bet's trying to just help the symptoms, if it's pussy it's probably infected, so use some kind of antiseptic on it, as previously suggested, but for the actual coldsore itself i think about all you do is keep doing what you are already. And take vitamin C, you tend to get them when your immune system's down a bit, and your generally not at your best. Other than that i can't offer much else other than sympathy and hoping it goes away soon!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.