Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    I have a conditionaal offer this year for medicine but am sure I have missed my grades. I am planning to reapply for 2010 entry but have an issue. Basically the head of sixth form at my college and my tutor who wrote my reference have left and moved elsewhere. I need to get a copy of my reference and the school has already closed down for the holidays which means that NO ONE has my reference at school - it would have been on their laptops which have been wiped. When i asked the head and my tutor they both refused to give me my reference. Is there any way i can get access to my reference from UCAS (even if a fee is involved). It's really important i get this reference as it's not as simple to get a new one written for my next application. any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Not to my knowledge. You are not supposed to have access to your own reference letter (hence universities will not accept thme if they come directly from you), but you could ask your head and tutor to submit it again for you.

    Best of luck!

    £10 admin charge I think from UCAS but under some data or information act you are legally allowed to see any information they have on you.
    I'll try to find it (sorry I just woke up!)

    found it:
    1.8 Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request UCAS to provide you with details of Personal Information that UCAS holds about you. If you want to make a request for this information you should write to our Company Secretary at the above address. There will be a fee of £10 payable. A cheque for this amount should be sent to UCAS with your request for information.

    A similar thing happened to me. My tutor and maths teacher left after writing me an amazing personal statement. My graphics teacher (I want to do graphics) left as well, and the last person was my sociology teacher and we didn't see eye to eye.

    Try asking your old teachers, but try again in Sept. You might have got into uni, you don't know!
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Applying to uni

    All the essentials

    The adventure begins mug

    Student life: what to expect

    What it's really like going to uni

    Graduates celebrate

    How to write a good personal statement

    Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

    Uni match

    Uni match

    Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

    Two students working together

    A-Z of universities

    Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

    A student working on a computer

    Personal statement help

    Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

    Hands typing

    Degrees without fees

    Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

    A student looking down a microscope

    Planning open days

    Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

    Help out other students

    These questions still need an answer

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.