Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a conditionaal offer this year for medicine but am sure I have missed my grades. I am planning to reapply for 2010 entry but have an issue. Basically the head of sixth form at my college and my tutor who wrote my reference have left and moved elsewhere. I need to get a copy of my reference and the school has already closed down for the holidays which means that NO ONE has my reference at school - it would have been on their laptops which have been wiped. When i asked the head and my tutor they both refused to give me my reference. Is there any way i can get access to my reference from UCAS (even if a fee is involved). It's really important i get this reference as it's not as simple to get a new one written for my next application. any help would be greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Not to my knowledge. You are not supposed to have access to your own reference letter (hence universities will not accept thme if they come directly from you), but you could ask your head and tutor to submit it again for you.

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    £10 admin charge I think from UCAS but under some data or information act you are legally allowed to see any information they have on you.
    I'll try to find it (sorry I just woke up!)

found it:
    http://www.ucas.com/privacy_statement
    1.8 Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request UCAS to provide you with details of Personal Information that UCAS holds about you. If you want to make a request for this information you should write to our Company Secretary at the above address. There will be a fee of £10 payable. A cheque for this amount should be sent to UCAS with your request for information.

ReputationRep:
    A similar thing happened to me. My tutor and maths teacher left after writing me an amazing personal statement. My graphics teacher (I want to do graphics) left as well, and the last person was my sociology teacher and we didn't see eye to eye.

Try asking your old teachers, but try again in Sept. You might have got into uni, you don't know!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.