Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm a noisey eater, but if i know it annouys someone i'll eat louder. but i don't think i breath loudly.

ReputationRep:
    *cries* I hate them too, but there's not really anything you can do without looking like a ****.

ReputationRep:
    I leave the room when my dad is drinking tea. The gulping sound he does makes me want to scream.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, I know a few people who eat like this, but you just gotta get used to it, some people eat differently!

ReputationRep:
    It's almost the worst sound in the world.

I seriously almost throttled someone eating porridge disgustingly loudly once. You could hear it going round and round her mouth. Bloody hell it was awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    I can't sit in the same room as my mum when she's eating - the noise is just repulsive. It's even worst when she's eating an apple, as she refuses to believe me that her mouth is open for pretty much all of it...
    arghh the sound of my Dad crunching through an apple :mad:

he also breathes really heavily a lot :erm:

:p:

ReputationRep:
    Its good to know a few people find noisy eating frustrating...I was beginning to think I had psychological issues.

Gulping is the worst followed by crunching and slurping

*shudders*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosieee91)
    I leave the room when my dad is drinking tea. The gulping sound he does makes me want to scream.
    ha my dad also does that aswell :mad:

he has a lot of 'habits' :p:

ReputationRep:
    I cringe then do nervous laughter I don't know why, people blatently know I am laughing at them, which is probably just as rude. In my honest experience I have seen some adults with far worst table manners than children, they seriously should know better.

ReputationRep:
    You're not alone. I can't eat in the same room as my mum/brother/dad because it's just disgusting. I always make sure i've already eaten/will eat later because the slurping makes me want to kill myself. I have to leave the room when one of them is drinking/eating. I don't know how any one can make that much noise! The worst part of it is that when I was little my mum would constantly drill into me all this drivel about "table manners" and eating quietly and with my mouth closed and yet she eats like a pig! She is the noisiest, most disgusting eater I know and yet she still has the nerve to tell me off when I'm not holding my fork properly! (i.e. under the thumb and over the index finger) :mad: nowadays I just ignore her, I don't obey hypocrites.

Breathing irritates me too, I have my own room though, but I sleep with earplugs every night because everyone else snores really loudly. If we're out then I'll just stick my headphones in and turn on my mp3 player.

Maybe you could try that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool Cat)
    arghh the sound of my Dad crunching through an apple :mad:

he also breathes really heavily a lot :erm:

:p:
    Yeah, my mum does that too! What's worse with the apple is that I'll tell her to please close her mouth, to which she always claims that it IS closed, when it's not, because I've just watched it!

*sigh* I think I'm getting anal retentive.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    The sound of any of my family eating makes me want to murder things. My mum chews like a cow and my sister just makes the most disgusting noises. I hate it more than anything in the world ever except for maybe the smacking of lips when kissing. Eww.

My girlfriend's jaw clicks when eating but I've so far managed to not kill her If I'm tired she'll get a telling off for eating but other than that I seem to be immune

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a problem with noisy eaters but my dad eats with his mouth open and I hate that. The most disgusting eater is my uncle. He has to eat everything with his hands. Then he pours himself a drink and gets dirt in the grooves in the lid of the bottle. When he eats in the lounge, he'll get food everywhere and rest his dirty hands on the furniture. I just don't understand how he can be comfortable with being so dirty.

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when someone has a drink then does that annoying *ahhhhhh* gasp kinda thing after. Shut up!!!

ReputationRep:
    My Uncle breathes like his nose is blocked, he has done all his life, he's in his mid 40s and has only just had an operation to sort it out.

I also hate the clicking of the jaw when eating, my mum occasionally does it, and it gets me irrate.

ReputationRep:
    Om Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindrop87)
    I hate it when someone has a drink then does that annoying *ahhhhhh* gasp kinda thing after. Shut up!!!
    Like on Drinks adverts? I mean HELLO! THE DRINK IS NOT THAT REFRESHING!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a noisy eater and tbh i hate myself

ReputationRep:
    Noisy eaters are digusting pigs, especially with crunchy stuff, it's like shut your fcuking mouth. Snorers and deep breathers are just as bad.

ReputationRep:
    Omg same!!
    My mum's so annoying with it.
    I swear she'd crunch yogurt if she could.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.