Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Crush didnt reply....sooo embarasssed! Watch

Please keep anon my friends use this site loads!

Theres a guy I've fancied for ageeeeees, he (was) the most popular guy in school and now we're both leaving for uni. I never used to talk to him much but on Monday I saw him when I was out and had a brief convo.
    I then plucked up the courage to send him a facebook wall message just general hey how you been etc.
    Its been three days and he hasnt replied! He's been on fcebook chat and sent other people wall messages and not mine and so now I am well embarassed.
    Do you suggest I chat to him on facebook chat? Or just leave him? Eveyerone can see (wall to wall) he didnt reply, cringe! :redface:

ReputationRep:
    Oh **** dude. I'm afraid the only option is suicide.

No but in serious mode. Maybe he doesn't like you or maybe he's busy.

ReputationRep:
    Delete the post

ReputationRep:
    There may be various reasons as to why he hasnt replied. Wait a little longer then i guess you could try to talk to him once more, if you still get nothing back i think it would be a good idea to leave that completely and move on from him, if he is going to just ignore you it seems like a little harsh but clear message to what his intentions are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Theres a guy I've fancied for ageeeeees, he (was) the most popular guy in school and now we're both leaving for uni. I never used to talk to him much but on Monday I saw him when I was out and had a brief convo.
    I then plucked up the courage to send him a facebook wall message just general hey how you been etc.
    Its been three days and he hasnt replied! He's been on fcebook chat and sent other people wall messages and not mine and so now I am well embarassed.
    Do you suggest I chat to him on facebook chat? Or just leave him? Eveyerone can see (wall to wall) he didnt reply, cringe! :redface:
    Sorry for not replying, but erm...well been busy and that. And there were far more important messages needing a reply. Erm...yeh well i dunno, thanks I suppose, nice to know you have a crush on me...

ReputationRep:
    If you like him, I can see why you find it embarrassing but believe me, if it was just a general hi-how-are-you, there's absolutely no need to feel stupid for writing that. It's only to you it seems like a big deal! However, if he hasn't replied I wouldn't advise you to write to him again, just leave it (and don't delete the post as that will seem really silly).

ReputationRep:
    Too cool for skwl I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    Whats there to be embaressed about. If anyones bored and sad enough to walltowall it and then actually think 'OMG its been 3 days and he didnt reply to her!' then frankly they are the one who should be embaressed.

Its only facebook, do people take it that seriously?

ReputationRep:
    I'm terrible for replying to facebook messages, I open them with intention to reply a bit later, then I forget and as it's not showing '1 new message' on my inbox anymore it usually gets forgotten about.

ReputationRep:
    Does he normally reply to those sorts of messages? Because I always ignore people who send hi how are you messages unless they're really close friends. It usually just ends up a complete waste of time. And it's quite probable that he thought you were just bored, instead of that you really cared, which is why he couldn't be bothered. It's only so terribly obvious to you that you have a crush on him from that, simply because you have a crush on him. I really doubt anyone else will have noticed, and if they have, they seriously need to get lives. I wouldn't worry about it

ReputationRep:

Ignore him, if all you said is hi and he didn't write back then he's a knob and he looks bad, not you. Don't delete the post. Don't speak to him. Just ignore him. Besides the fact it will save face, guys like the chase.

ReputationRep:
    Facebook is the cause. Delete it.

ReputationRep:
    the only place you should tell someone you like them is to their face!

ReputationRep:

You know what? The worst thing happened, and you're still alive. I think its pretty rude that he didn't have the curtosy to answer you, but oh well. You'll probably never see him again. Don't worry about what other people think. If anyone really cares about who you messaged and who messaged you back, take it as compliment that they find your life so interesting. At least you know he doesn't like you and now can look forward to being at Uni and meeting someone who is worth your attention. I bet you won't even remember this, this time, next year.

ReputationRep:
    forget him.

ReputationRep:
    You should have put something interesting. I hate it when people put 'Hi, How are you? What you been up to?' It's boring, predictable, and a waste of people's time.

Anyway, he could have a reasonable excuse, not that he need's to with your boring wall posts, but he may have forgot, I tend to.

ReputationRep:
    Ignore it, and simply leave it be.
    If he's just ignored that message then what a cupid stunt! But he could have forgotten also.
    Either way it doesn't really matter, move on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LillieF)
    Delete the post
    That would probably make it worse if hes noticed the post

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but the coolest person in your school uses Facebook? lots of your school friends use TRS?
    Going by that no matter how popular he is there, he'd be a loser in any normal school :p:

Go up to him in school "hey I left you a message etc", if he ignores you. Suicide.

Edit: If your message was bad (which it probably was) just talk to him normally. He'll remember that you did it but he'll get the impression that it didn't matter to you.

ReputationRep:
    WOW, this Facebook is SERIOUS business.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.