Turn on thread page Beta

do you like cheese? watch

• View Poll Results: do you like cheese?
    yes
    79.41%
    no
    20.59%

ReputationRep:
    Cheese = food of the gods

Some ultra strong cheddar is :drool: :drool:

I like all cheese, except Red Leicester. which tastes like rubber.

ReputationRep:
    Only on pizza.

ReputationRep:
    unless its on a pizza melty and soft I cant stand it

ReputationRep:
    Cheese is the shiznit. I love mature cheddar. Mmm.

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely love cheese it's one of my fave foods!
    Especially feta and goats cheese. Yum

ReputationRep:
    I love hot melted cheese, but I don't like cheesy when it's solid. It's difficult to eat.

ReputationRep:
    Boursin on crackers and brie on toast :love:

ReputationRep:
    Depends. Camembert and Brie nah. I can cope with Blue Stilton and Wensleydale. I prefer Ilchester (with chillies), Red Leicester and good ol' Cheddar.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, especially Brie

Unfortunately my step dad doesn't like cheese so I don't get to eat cheesey things all that often at home

ReputationRep:
    I love cheese! Mature Cheddar, Brie, Wensleydale with cranberries and Port Salut are my favourites

I can't believe how many people don't like cheese - I have only ever met one person that doesn't like it!

ReputationRep:
    I'm allergic to the horrible yellow shyte.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *banana)
    I love cheese! Mature Cheddar, Brie, Wensleydale with cranberries and Port Salut are my favourites

I can't believe how many people don't like cheese - I have only ever met one person that doesn't like it!
    as a cheese hater so am i! in real life i swear to god almost everyone else i have ever come across claims to love it. maybe people are just more honest when anonymous online? :p:

Perhaps people pretend to like it irl? I must admit, cheese lovers are, in my experience as someone who finds it genuinely vomit inducing...i must be as close to allergic as it is possible to be without actually been officially allergic, often quite pushy about it....it can be near on impossible to persuade someone at a dinner that it is possible for a human being to actually hate the stuff...hence why i have pretended to be allergic to save the grief. for those who dont like cheese but unlike my are not actually absolutely repulsed by it....maybe there is a social pressure on them to just pretend to like it and dig in so as not to offend? it does seem to appear in the majority of dinner party recipes and if the cook is one of the 75% of cheese loves they will often insist in covering anything from chilli to curry to god knows what with tons of the stuff....so if u can bear it and are a borderline cheese dislkier...maybe it's better to pretend to like it? until the truth emerges online?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PAPAdawg)
    I loathe it. i have actually vomitted before from accidently having it in my mouth and not even swallowing it. The smell of melted cheese has also made me vomit before when my brother cooked it and i was in the kitchen.

it seems i'm the only person in thwe world though. everybody else appears to absolutely love it.

if you like the smell of melted cheese i think you need to see a doctor lol

it's the only food i dont like btw. shame it had to be the food that almost everyone else loves and think syou're a freak for not liking. i have actually sometimes had to pretend at dinner partys i'm allergic to it (i'm not) just because i have such a difficulty in persuading many people it is actually possible for a person to simply hate the stuff
    You're not the only one! I can't stand the stuff, the smell, the taste and the texture of it. I even pick it off pizzas, which friends always find amusing when we go to pizza hut :rolleyes:

It annoys me when people think you are a complete freak of nature for not eating cheese (people who hate chocolate are weirder :yes: ). It can be tricky as well because whenever you go to parties and friends houses as a kid, their parents who don't know what food you like will make you a cheese sandwich :eviltongue: I wonder how many other fellow cheese haters there are on here...

ReputationRep:
    as a cheese hater so am i! in real life i swear to god almost everyone else i have ever come across claims to love it. maybe people are just more honest when anonymous online? :p:

Perhaps people pretend to like it irl? I must admit, cheese lovers are, in my experience as someone who finds it genuinely vomit inducing...i must be as close to allergic as it is possible to be without actually been officially allergic, often quite pushy about it....it can be near on impossible to persuade someone at a dinner that it is possible for a human being to actually hate the stuff...hence why i have pretended to be allergic to save the grief. for those who dont like cheese but unlike my are not actually absolutely repulsed by it....maybe there is a social pressure on them to just pretend to like it and dig in so as not to offend? it does seem to appear in the majority of dinner party recipes and if the cook is one of the 75% of cheese loves they will often insist in covering anything from chilli to curry to god knows what with tons of the stuff....so if u can bear it and are a borderline cheese dislkier...maybe it's better to pretend to like it? until the truth emerges online?

Curry and cheese?! Now that IS gross!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *banana)
    Curry and cheese?! Now that IS gross!
    the cheese eaters are gross, period :fight:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gez_09*)
    You're not the only one! I can't stand the stuff, the smell, the taste and the texture of it. I even pick it off pizzas, which friends always find amusing when we go to pizza hut :rolleyes:

It annoys me when people think you are a complete freak of nature for not eating cheese (people who hate chocolate are weirder :yes: ). It can be tricky as well because whenever you go to parties and friends houses as a kid, their parents who don't know what food you like will make you a cheese sandwich :eviltongue: I wonder how many other fellow cheese haters there are on here...
    yep. you're right, choclate haters are seen as even weirder than us...but chocolate unlike cheese doesnt come as standard main course and starters at dinner partys and i hate the freakish reactions you get. like i said, it is the only food i would say i dont like...anything else put it in front of me and i shall eat it. but many cheese lovers, people love to cook with the stuff when guests are round cos it is so easy, get really ****** with you about it for inconenviencing them and make you feel bad. ''ffs is there anything you DO like''...''yeah, everything else''...''it doesnt matter. cheese is lovely and in most good foods. what's wrong with you?'' is just one dispute i have had about it. my dad hates cheese too...where i must get it from...and he says in his lifetime this has been a pretty common theme. it's a shame...i swear with any other food people would just except it but with cheese you're treated like a total weirdo if you dont like it. i respect people's dislikes...

ReputationRep:
    I loathe it. i have actually vomitted before from accidently having it in my mouth and not even swallowing it. The smell of melted cheese has also made me vomit before when my brother cooked it and i was in the kitchen.

it seems i'm the only person in thwe world though. everybody else appears to absolutely love it.

if you like the smell of melted cheese i think you need to see a doctor lol

it's the only food i dont like btw. shame it had to be the food that almost everyone else loves and think syou're a freak for not liking. i have actually sometimes had to pretend at dinner partys i'm allergic to it (i'm not) just because i have such a difficulty in persuading many people it is actually possible for a person to simply hate the stuff
    I totally agree with you. I'm the single member of my family who doesn't like cheese at all and they consider me as a freak. But I really can't stand the taste or smell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roxie4ever57)
    I totally agree with you. I'm the single member of my family who doesn't like cheese at all and they consider me as a freak. But I really can't stand the taste or smell.
    The persecution continues :mob:

ReputationRep:
    cheese=love, there aren't many types i dislike

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 11, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.