Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone into Korean/Japanese/Chinese music? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Melt Banana! Though not so keen on their new stuff, hmm....

(Original post by Epitomessence)
    Indeed I am! I actually visited her in Edinburgh once, it was amazing! :woo:
    Yeah Edinburgh is great! I go to school with her sis, thats how I know her xD

ReputationRep:
    Acid Mothers Temple are one of my favourite japanese bands of recent years, though they seem to be releasing albums a bit too fast, even faster than Merzbow in the last few years, which is saying something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rue the whirl)
    Acid Mothers Temple are one of my favourite japanese bands of recent years, though they seem to be releasing albums a bit too fast, even faster than Merzbow in the last few years, which is saying something.
    They're pretty interesting, although they have far too little variation over each release. Acid Mothers Gong is my favorite project of theirs so far, being a pretty big Gong fan, and the Cosmic Inferno records are just awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Thumbs up to Acid Mothers Gong (and Gong in general, seeing them next month- wheeee!).

Some Japanese kodo drumming:

...and at the other end of the spectrum, some metalucifer:

ReputationRep:
    Artists in the KPop scene i'm really into right now are DBSK/TVXQ/Tohoshinki, Big Bang, SNSD, Super Junior, Lee Hyori, BoA, 2PM, Wonder Girls and some others.

For JPop, i've been into YUI for ages, Ayumi Hamasaki, Utada Hikaru, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, Aqua Timez and STEREOPONY!!!

I think DBSK/TVXQ/Tohoshinki take it for best boy band out there, they are solid performers. Lee Hyori and SNSD are just raw sex appeal, it's so good... BoA has the sickest moves i've ever seen from a female entertainer...ever.

Ayumi Hamasaki has amazing live performances and she's cute, love her hah, YUI is just awesome in every regard and Stereopony are the best newcomers this year, they're great, i'd totally advise listening to them!

Korean's totally take the biscuit for overall performance goodness though (that's why i'm so into them right now), they can sing AND dance most of the time which makes the experience so much more enjoyable.

White people just can't dance in comparison haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gelliant Gutfright)
    They're pretty interesting, although they have far too little variation over each release. Acid Mothers Gong is my favorite project of theirs so far, being a pretty big Gong fan, and the Cosmic Inferno records are just awesome.
    Sometimes I think that they come up with the album title first, make a really cool album cover, then just jam for an hour and release it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rue the whirl)
    Sometimes I think that they come up with the album title first, make a really cool album cover, then just jam for an hour and release it.
    Hah, it wouldn't surprise me. I like that approach, really, but I'd rather see them jamming live than listen to an album of it.

Oh yeah, and I absolutely LOVE Yoko Ono. I can't believe I forgot to mention her in my first post. Approximately Infinite Universe is just brilliant. I can't wait for the new Plastic Ono Band album.

ReputationRep:
    Big Bang Is Vip

ReputationRep:
    Anyone planning to go and see abingdon boys school in London in November?

ReputationRep:
    Used to listen to Boris but there's not much Japanese metal I'm aware of.

Seen Yamato though - awesome drumming!:

ReputationRep:
    i'm into krock and jrock/jpop also a fan of japaneese orchestral music

seo taji :O.

got to love the music from the animie death note lol

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE KPOP...
    DBSK,SHINee,Super Junior,2PM,FT Island.
    I recommend you listen to them XD

ReputationRep:
    No one has actually mentioned X-Japan in this thread: that's very very bad

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqmt6UQnD-c

ReputationRep:
    im into kpop but also jpop and jrock too =D
    i especially love miyavi! <3

ReputationRep:
    anyone like nastyona or bluedawn? or carrchy?

edit: I like luna sea and salyu... for pop i love koda kumi's voice... I am infatuated with jazztronik and m-flo

ReputationRep:
    I'm a big fan of J pop / rock and i like me some K pop too

ReputationRep:
    I used to be REALLY into JPop/KPop, as in it was all i'd ever listen to.

I'm pretty tired of it now, it's become so dull and uninspired, not to mention the fact that most of my favourite artists either no longer release/don't make good music anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Yellow Magic Orchestra is pretty much my favourite band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OOLxGjb3dY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iH0_TDP6BQ

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.