Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

'A party is not fun without alcohol.' Watch

ReputationRep:
    Do you agree or disagree with this statement?

And why?

ReputationRep:
    Make it a swine flu party and everybody will have a good time.

ReputationRep:
    Disagree.

A party is not fun without good friends and entertaining people.

ReputationRep:
    I don't agree because people do stupid things when drunk and the party doesn't really follow any constructive pattern with activities or whatever. It all seems to be one massive "getting hammered" session and I hate that

Alcohol in moderation is okay (although giving alcohol to the moderation team could make them ruin this website :p:)

ReputationRep:
    Well, I find it's definitely more fun with alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    How fun a party is depends on the people not alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    A party can be fun without alcohol, but it is a lot more likely to be fun with alcohol.

Although it depends a lot on what kind of person you are.

ReputationRep:
    Disagree.

It's a plus for sure.. but i've seen girls who drive to parties, don't drink there and still manage to have a good time. Just depends on the person really - some can have fun sans alcohol, others can't..

ReputationRep:
    Depends.
    Too many variables to make such a sweeping statement.

Alcohol :coma:

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    the fun is spoiled when you're sick

ReputationRep:
    I've thrown many successful parties without alcohol involved. Any fool can get some bottles and cans out and get everyone drunk. Entertaining people when they're not inebriated actually takes ideas, however.

ReputationRep:
    Well, a party can be fun without alcohol. Having said that, having alcohol means people lose some of there inhibitions which can generally make people have a much better time.

Annoyingly I can't drink most of the time as I have to drive :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    I have thee worst hangover ever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G50)
    I've thrown many successful parties without alcohol involved. Any fool can get some bottles and cans out and get everyone drunk. Entertaining people when they're not inebriated actually takes ideas, however.

pass the parcel ? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I disagree. It's the people that make the party fun.

ReputationRep:
    Disagree.
    It's the people and conversation that make a party. Which is often a reason why rave-like parties with loud music put me off. Although those can be made more fun when you are drinking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Walkin'Butterfly)
    Do you agree or disagree with this statement?

And why?
    I agree but I'll tell you why

Because unless alcohol is involved, people just won't go, so the party will be lame due to the lack of numbers at a party, if people need alcohol to bring out the fun side of them, then they're incredibly dull people with clear social issues

ReputationRep:
    So sad, but yet so true in 95% of all my experiences.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the people at at the party, alcohol can make it better and make everyone feel more relaxed but if you're with good people you wont need alcohol to have a good party

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.