Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Like said in another thread, it takes me generally ages to *** while having sex and sometimes I just don't. I know how you feel, as before I started to have regular sex with my gf, I only had sex sober twice before then and only came once, and the other drunken times I slept with girls I just never came. That massively dented my confidence and made me very weary of 'not performing properly' so to speak. However now its sweet basically, I *** more often than not (roughly 2 in 3 times), and if I don't she just finishes me off other ways. Basically try and cut down on ******* as it really does effect it, and have a lot of foreplay.

I'm not going to not uses condoms for a one night stand as that's just silly but for a long term relationship I'd definitely look for other methods.

It's good hearing about others who have this problem as well, I honestly thought I was the only one.

I do masturbate quite hard and the sensation of sex just feels nowhere near enough for me to orgasm. It feels good yeah, but just not enough.

Gonna' try not masturbating for a week and seeing how that effects me. Not that I have a reliable access to sex that is.. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kutie)
    What is premature ajaculation and whys it happen?
    It's when a guy reaches orgasm thus ejaculates more quickly than what is medically normal. This usually happens because of psychological reasons or in some cases a lack of prepatory masturbation in preparation for intercourse.

...pretty much a dictionary definition if I do say so myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete please.

Anyway, I haven't had sex in about 12+ months. Before that I had a regular sex life with a girlfriend but I could never *** during sex. It never bothered her as it we were each others firsts and she's never experienced it any different. She said she even liked it as I could go for ages and I never came in her mouth, which she didn't find appealing.

Anyway, I'm going to uni and I'm a bit worried about how other girls will react. It's really dented my confidence and I feel a bit inadequate to the point were I wouldn't really feel confident having a one night stand - even though I'm totally confident in my looks and personality.

How would you react if the guy you were with didn't ***?

Also, it is a bit of a psychological issue now but it's mainly physical. I masturbate quite hard so the sensation of sex doesn't seem enough and I think I've lost quite a lot of sensitivity down there.
    If you masturbate too much, you wont have much of a sex drive. So do the 'Two-week challenge' and then have sex. You shouldnt have any problems.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you assume that because you're going to uni you're going to get more sex than you're already getting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spacecam)
    Why do you assume that because you're going to uni you're going to get more sex than you're already getting?
    To Translate: He's going to come across a lot more girls than normal. (no pun intended)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmajw10)
    Honestly, how many women can actually say that they come every single time they have sex? I know I don't every time, but I still enjoy it and you should feel the same. I think you will learn what suits you best through practice.

I think i can honestly say i do, every time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loopykitten!)
    I think i can honestly say i do, every time!
    call me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serrellen)
    Does this mean masturbating is better than sex?!
    It was for me!

squish.

ReputationRep:
    Of course masturbating is better than sex, we ourselves know our way around our own body better than anyone else. Sure some women/men have tricks up their sleeves but no one can get you off better than yourself. Quote if you agree.

The only thing i enjoy about sex is the Passion.

ReputationRep:
    Could be that the condom was too tight and you need larger fit ones, that was the problem with me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    Of course masturbating is better than sex, we ourselves know our way around our own body better than anyone else. Sure some women/men have tricks up their sleeves but no one can get you off better than yourself. Quote if you agree.

The only thing i enjoy about sex is the Passion.
    Physically, perhaps. Mentally, no chance in hell

But then physically, it can be a bit hit and miss, super or crappy. With masturbation you always know what you're getting, even if it's not the best thing ever.

ReputationRep:
    i know with guys it's supposedly like an on/off switch, but i do think there's something more psychological to a guy's orgasm, not as much as a girl's obviously, but nerves are a factor- my boyfriend and I both lost our virginities to each other, and at first he didn't come regularly, there were times when he did and times when he didn't- as we've got more comfortable with it and each other we both have a much better time, especially now! maybe you've now built up the fact that you 'can't come' so much, or were so nervous about it when you didn't the first few times that it's now become a bigger issue for you...try to relax and not think about it too much, don't get paranoid about what she's going to say if you don't come, maybe that'll help, and i'd agree with the advice about not masturbating, my boyfriend and i hadn't seen each other for 2 weeks ie he hadn't had any, and he was 'satisfied' much quicker than usual!!

ReputationRep:
    doctors now, get to a urologist asap

ReputationRep:
    Um, pretty sure that masturbating does decrease sensitivity; regular stimulation = less response, otherwise one of our most fundamental learning mechanisms is a big fat lie!
    OP, as you say try out less masturbation, but if on the night you still don't come, under no circumstances let the girl realize this. I just don't think she'd believe you about never having come during sex before, it'd be much more likely to her that she's simply bad in bed.

I lost my virginity yesterday and I couldn't *** either.

I'm in my mid 20s (!) and have been masturbating like mental for a long time. Sex didn't have anywhere near the same sensation... it makes sense though, considering my grip strength is high enough to lift my entire bodyweight and when masturbating I just stimulate the most sensitive area. A vagina can't compete in those areas.

I'll masturbate less from now on...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.