Is this ok for a job interview/assessment? (pics) Watch

mitsabeeba
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hey guys.

Im going to a job 'assessment' day next week. I'll be one of probably 30 other candidates all being assessed for a job, by working in teams etc, you know what I mean.

Just wondering whether you think this is ok to wear, or not smart enough? We;re told to dress how we would for "any professional interview" and I know that normally means a suit.. I have trousers but not a jacket and can't afford one at the moment which sucks

Would I stand out as really scruffy next to people who are wearing full suits do you think? Be honest as hell.. if it's really that bad I'm gonna try scrounge together as much as poss to buy a suitable jacket. I used to think this outfit was 'smart' until I compared it to more suity type outfits and think I may look a bit of a scruff

If you DO happen to think it's okay... the second pic is, buttons open or closed?
timetokill
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It looks fine.
The jumper does look a little small though, rather than looking like its supposed to be like that
-Adeline-
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Looks fine to me although I think it looks better with the buttons done up.
chiliman14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If Alan Sugar saw that he'd say 'your hired'
Adam92
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Buttons done up.
Ala'a
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
^yes looks nice,
makes you look smart an professional *
yeh and i agree with adeline up there looks alot better with buttons done up =DD
good luck -
kat2pult
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's nice, but do a couple more buttons up.
Undulipodium
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you had a slightly bigger cardigan and did a few more buttons up it might be better, but the look is quite professional :yep:
zKlown
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Undulipodium)
If you had a slightly bigger cardigan and did a few more buttons up it might be better, but the look is quite professional :yep:
THIS and buttons done up

And yeah, if your interviewer is a fat greasy sex pest, bullseye!
star_violet
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I see I'm in the minority here, but I actually think the cardigan over the shirt is too casual if they have stipulated a professional standard of dress. The shirt and pants are fine (the pants look great actually), but the shirt hanging out from underneath the cardigan looks a bit scruffy. I really do think a black jacket would look a lot better with this outfit. Since you have plain black pants it shouldn't be hard to find a cheap jacket that will look as if it matches - perhaps try some second hand stores or clearance stores (or else ask around and see if you can borrow one?).

Good luck
Caze
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
oh man I love that look.
Psyche05
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Do up the buttons and it will be fine.
tea_cakes
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
A longer cardigan and your shirt tucked in and fully buttoned up, then it would be smart enough.
Miss.Naughty
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by -Adeline-)
Looks fine to me although I think it looks better with the buttons done up.
:ditto:

Looks smart
Smtn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Personally dislike the flared bottom of legs - doesn't look professional in my opinion. It's great apart from that
*Lola_Stars*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
From a style point of view I think that you should scrap the cardigan altogether if you are planning on doing it up. Just doesn't work for me.

Like the shirt though
voudreau
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hired!
wallflower*
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think you need a longer cardigan, the shirt hanging out the bottom does look odd. Also you might want to do up another couple of buttons on the shirt so that your vest isn't visible.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by star_violet)
I see I'm in the minority here, but I actually think the cardigan over the shirt is too casual if they have stipulated a professional standard of dress. The shirt and pants are fine (the pants look great actually), but the shirt hanging out from underneath the cardigan looks a bit scruffy. I really do think a black jacket would look a lot better with this outfit. Since you have plain black pants it shouldn't be hard to find a cheap jacket that will look as if it matches - perhaps try some second hand stores or clearance stores (or else ask around and see if you can borrow one?).

Good luck
:ditto:

The cardigan is not appropriate. You either need a longer cardigan, or a proper jacket.
Xenopus
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Tuck the shirt in / show some cleavage maybe?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (230)
27.68%
No (601)
72.32%

Watched Threads