Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all

Looking forward to starting uni aka the freshers shinanigans?

If freshers week starts on Sept 21st, when is everyone moving into halls? The weekend before?

I was thinking saturday the 19th..anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    don't know yet, really have to get flights booked though saying im comeing from Ireland.

ReputationRep:
    Wrong Thread

ReputationRep:
    uni registration pack, do we all get one of those?

ReputationRep:
    Oooh I'm keen to know when most people would be moving down.
    My parents are on holiday til the 18th, so I'll probably go down the 19th (unless I decide to go down alone during the week when they're still away). I hear its freshers fortnight too, does that mean the first week of freshers starts the 21st, and the second week the week after that?

ReputationRep:
    Well im thinking not much will be happening prior to the weekend before freshers week (fortnight :O that would be awesome..) so thats why im leaning towards moving in on the 19th. Im not sure if it says a date in the registration packs?

ReputationRep:
    I am moving into Robbins at 1-3pm on the 16th of September........ as you can tell, I am not eager. Some people don't move in until the 19th so I take it freshers week runs from the 21st?. All the info is on the Uni website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheVeryHungryCaterpillar)
    I am moving into Robbins at 1-3pm on the 16th of September........ as you can tell, I am not eager. Some people don't move in until the 19th so I take it freshers week runs from the 21st?. All the info is on the Uni website.
    Freshers week runs from the 21st, but theres various bits and pieces organised in the week before freshers - there was a pub crawl last year amongst other things in the evenings.

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea..I dont even have my unconditional offer yet..

whats this registration pack? do you get sent that nearer the time??

I applied for accomodation from the 14th (I dont remember choosing that date but thats what it says on the online application website)...but i dont think i want to get their that early! would i have to move in on that date?

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm moving in on the 17th, Francis Drake. Shabbah!

ReputationRep:
    You get told when to move into your accommodation by the uni (if you're in halls). They stagger the arrival dates and times of different halls and blocks

ReputationRep:
    im moving in between 11-1 on the 17th (: radnor ftw!

ReputationRep:
    yeah all that info is on the plym website: http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/pages/view.asp?page=16130

I presume that 'stuff' will be happening starting that weekend and into next week. If anyone knows anything different get in touch/post a reply.

Anyone in RADNOR, Block 5?? Going down on the Thursday (17th).

Anyone studying GEOGRAPHY????

ReputationRep:
    AHHHH i don't want to move in then!!! its my birthday on 18th......

ReputationRep:
    im supposed to be moving in on the 17th between 9am - 11am, il probably have to get that changed.

although i may come over a day early stay in a hotel for a night get a look round the place and buy everything i need then move in at the above time, il get it sorted next week.

ReputationRep:
    Hugely looking forward to it

Fortunately coincides with payday as well!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 22, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
University of Plymouth resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.