Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else get this impression? It seems that a large proportion (if not a majority) of TSR Muslims are very pro-Labour and pro-Gordon Brown, even though the vast majority of other users appears to despise them.

I'm not sure about the country as a whole, but I certainly get that impression.

Can someone enlighten me as to why?

ReputationRep:
    You really are phishing for 'benefit-theif' and 'immigrant' replies.

ReputationRep:
    Because the vast majority tend to be economically left.
    Labour are more lenient with immigration, and as immigrants, muslims in britain are more likely to go for those with liberal immigration policies i.e. labour

personally, i just feel sorry for gordon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMeister)
    You really are phishing for 'benefit-theif' and 'immigrant' replies.
    Nope. I'm more curious, as the Tories generally hold more conservative beliefs than Labour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaniqua)
    Nope. I'm more curious, as the Tories generally hold more conservative beliefs than Labour.
    Haven't you just answered your own question? :confused: (If such a view was held in the first place)

ReputationRep:
    I'd like some evidence that this is actually the case please

ReputationRep:
    You're curious that the Conservative party hold more conservative beliefs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoliceStory)
    You're curious that the Conservative party hold more conservative beliefs?
    Context. Read. Correctly.

ReputationRep:
    Context. Read. Correctly.
    :judge:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    I'd like some evidence that this is actually the case please
    me too! My one and only muslim friend's mother always votes conservative... she voted green... This is the first I've ever heard of it

ReputationRep:
    I'm muslim, and i hate labour, all my muslim relatives and friends also hate labour. I dunno, perhaps its the area i live in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geminibubblegum)
    Labour are more lenient with immigration, and as immigrants, muslims in britain are more likely to go for those with liberal immigration policies i.e. labour

What makes you think that Muslims living here already would care one hoot about immigration??? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geminibubblegum)

The muslims I know are often very anti-immigration, especially against eastern Europeans. I can only see it being an issue if they begin to refuse family reunions or citizenship through marriage.

ReputationRep:
    You must be talking about the small amount.

I hate the fcking lot!

ReputationRep:
    I don't love Labour. I feel sorry for Brown, though, like someone else on here. Blair got away with so much...

Oh, and I'm Muslim, but only half immigrant don't assume all are - I know a fair few converts.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's probably got something to do with the Tories' "Christian Values" and anti-multiculturalism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gremlins)
    I think it's probably got something to do with the Tories' "Christian Values" and anti-multiculturalism.
    Tories anti multi-culturalism? First I've heard.

ReputationRep:
    It used to be the case, but not so much anymore.

Partly because many Muslims live in the Midlands and North-East, areas that traditionally benefit from Labour; and partly because Labour have pushed forward an anti-discrimination agenda, something the Tories have opposed at every turn.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.