Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is this a scam? urgent ebay question Watch

ReputationRep:
    am guessing it's a big/expensive item so he may want to have it collected from yours and delivered next day by parcel force or w/e? ask them!

ReputationRep:
    I sell on ebay quite a bit, often Ive sold off ebay, never had any problems, but my items are worth about £70 so with fees it costs me about £10 worth of fees for each item incl paypal.
    Sometimes you gotta trust your instinct with someone of that feedback I would trust someone who has been registered a long time with a lot of feedback also.
    What the buyer means about arranging delivery himself is that, you have to wrap the parcel so its protected, he will arrange and pay for the courier to come and collect from your house, you have to wait in. Sometimes this can be a bit of hassle if the courier dont turn up.
    a tip for future always regardless of how inexpensive the item is send recorded, always make sure you have a signature.
    HTH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherrycokemia)
    I sell on ebay quite a bit, often Ive sold off ebay, never had any problems, but my items are worth about £70 so with fees it costs me about £10 worth of fees for each item incl paypal.
    Sometimes you gotta trust your instinct with someone of that feedback I would trust someone who has been registered a long time with a lot of feedback also.
    What the buyer means about arranging delivery himself is that, you have to wrap the parcel so its protected, he will arrange and pay for the courier to come and collect from your house, you have to wait in. Sometimes this can be a bit of hassle if the courier dont turn up.
    a tip for future always regardless of how inexpensive the item is send recorded, always make sure you have a signature.
    HTH

Ok thanks,

ive just listed another item using the buy it now or best offer option, a buyer with 0% feedback places an offer of £100 instead, so inevitably it is sold to that person, ive contacted the buyer to ask him if he plans on buying the item but he has not responded yet.

will i have to pay final value fees on this if im forced to relist it?

Can anyone adivse me on what to do? And if i send the item via recorded delivery, even if the buyer starts a dispute with paypal(ive heard buyer nearly always wins) will i win if i have a signature.

thnx

thanks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.