Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i know there probably loads of thses but i jsut thought id ask

since my padres been going on about it

if i get a tattoo on my inner right forearm will it 'ruin' my chances of gettin a job later on in lift

cos its not 'acceptable'

its annoying when some people are so closed minded

in my opnion there would be ideal because you can always cover it with long sleeve tshirts or jackets etc

ReputationRep:
    As long as you can easily cover them then I don't see how it can effect your chances unless you're modelling or acting etc.

ReputationRep:
    Depends where you want to work. Long-sleeved shirt should cover it.

ReputationRep:
    I was always told..Never get tattoos below the wrist or above the neckline, so if necessary, they can be covered for work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    As long as you can easily cover them then I don't see how it can effect your chances unless you're modelling or acting etc.
    Even then, it doesn't really matter - The Rock has tattoos covering his body (it's a traditional thing in his culture, apparently), and he still does films half-naked.

Having said that:-
    a) Can you really call The Rock an actor?
    b) He's probably an exception.

ReputationRep:
    As long as it can be covered it shouldnt be a problem.

Sometimes it wont even need to be covered, but that all depends on the type of work you'll be doing.

ReputationRep:
    Your poor grammar and spelling is a bigger problem i think...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    God Love The Pendantics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacobdatz)
    God Love The Pendantics
    If it wasn't for us you would all get lazy

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm perhaps it might hinder a job in teaching... but only if you want to wear short sleeves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    Lol you got there before me :p:

ReputationRep:
    it'll be okay if you can cover it. i cover my inner wrist tattoo with a watch or long sleeve easily.
    at my old job the uniform was short sleeved and it was more difficult, i had to wear a watch or a plaster over it and a guy who had this fore arms covered had to wear another shirt under the short sleeve uniform shirt :s teahcers at my senior school covered theirs, but at college they didn't...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.