Turn on thread page Beta

Would you date someone in a wheelchair? watch

• View Poll Results: Would you date someone you like if they were in a wheelchair?
    Yes
    40.43%
    No
    59.57%

ReputationRep:
    I was in work this afternoon when a really hot girl caught my eye and everytime i saw her after that she would look at me a start smiling so i kinda knew she liked me. Only thing was she was in a wheelchair which was a bit weird at start (i dont have anything against people in wheelchairs by the way!) but i didnt really care at all. She seemed really nice and funny but i never asked her for her number or anything cos i thought itd be a bit weird and her friends where there but im kinda regretting it now. Just wanted to know what you felt on the subject? If you met someone who was really pretty and funny (girls or boys) and they were in a wheelchair would it put you off? or would you accept the person for who they are and ask them out?

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

/thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biggillystyle)
    I was in work this afternoon when a really hot girl caught my eye and everytime i saw her after that she would look at me a start smiling so i kinda knew she liked me. Only thing was she was in a wheelchair which was a bit weird at start (i dont have anything against people in wheelchairs by the way!) but i didnt really care at all. She seemed really nice and funny but i never asked her for her number or anything cos i thought itd be a bit weird and her friends where there but im kinda regretting it now. Just wanted to know what you felt on the subject? If you met someone who was really pretty and funny (girls or boys) and they were in a wheelchair would it put you off? or would you accept the person for who they are and ask them out?
    You see, that's where you went wrong :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Only if she let me have a ride.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, but they would have to be mega hot or mega awesome if i'm being honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fawn)
    I would give you a ride.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fawn)
    Yup, being allowed to play in the wheelchair would be a dealbreaker.

ReputationRep:
    No, it wouldnt bother me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoonosewot)
    Yup, being allowed to play in the wheelchair would be a dealbreaker.
    But is it electric?

ReputationRep:
    I would get one as well and then we could race each other

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't date them but only because 1) It would be really hard to do stuff that i'm into e.g. sports, adventure etc and 2) I wouldn't know how to like look after them.

If I did then yh no problem.

ReputationRep:
    Only if they could transform into Megatron.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. It might be a bit strange at first, sure, but if I like them it doesn't make a difference really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serrellen)
    Yes.

/thread.
    Because your sole opinion echoes everyone else on this forum :rolleyes:

(Original post by Fawn)
    :awesome:

Wouldn't sex be really....weird?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachellg)
    Yes. It might be a bit strange at first, sure, but if I like them it doesn't make a difference really
    not sure not sure, but important question (which we all wonder but too afraid too ask maybe?) is of course how does the pen0r enter her?????????????? how do we sexual intercourse each other????????????

yes yes i am droned right now

ReputationRep:
    It would depend on the nature of her condition. I wouldn't enter into a relationship which involved large amounts of work in terms of caring for someone full-time, but if it was just that she did not have the use of her legs I would certainly consider it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rizzletastic)
    ]Wouldn't sex be really....weird?
    well it's not like she's in the wheelchair while in bed...
    and just b/c she's in the wheelchair doesn't mean her legs are totally dead

just saying...:yes:

ReputationRep:
    no way how dare you insult my religion and faith like this i mean they cant walk, climb stairs and most importantly you will get back ache keep lookin down at them and having sex dont even go there innit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus)
    It would depend on the nature of her condition. I wouldn't enter into a relationship which involved large amounts of work in terms of caring for someone full-time, but if it was just that she did not have the use of her legs I would certainly consider it.
    Same here really.

ReputationRep:
    No.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.