Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi at everybody!

First of all sorry for my English, I´m trying to improve it

My name is Patricia, I´m from Spain. I have a room reserved this new year in Kings College Hall and I need a lot of information. Sure you can help me.

- Can foreing friends/familiy visit us inside the College? is there any problem to access friends. Which is the latest time to stay with them in the room?

- Are the showers and bathroom for common use? Are they inside the rooms?

- Is there any place to cook? Which is the way you prepare meals there? Is there any fridge inside the rooms?

- TVs and internet connection in the rooms? Help me about this!!

Thanks to everybody,

ReputationRep:
    1) You are allowed guests and overnight guests. I think each hall is different and I don't know what the various limits, etc are for KCH.

2) KCH is not en-suite which means there will be no showers/toilets located in your room. You will have to share with other people (how many I do not know).

3) KCH is catered which means they cook food for you. I don't think there is a fridge inside rooms. I expect there will be a small kitchen area for snacks, etc.

4) There will be an internet connection in your room but you will not be given a TV. If you want to watch TV then you will need to purchase your own as well as a TV license. There will probably be a shared TV in some communal area.

Sorry I couldn't answer your questions better. Your best bet is to phone them up and ask these questions yourself, or wait for someone to reply who knows this information.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much Simon.

I expect not to have any problem with my visits. Maybe one of may friends have to stay a night with me while she find a better place.

I will wait for any other responses, from people who are in the KCH now.

Thanks again!

ReputationRep:
    No one can help me?
    I need information, the date is near please!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MKJ)
    Hi at everybody!

First of all sorry for my English, I´m trying to improve it

My name is Patricia, I´m from Spain. I have a room reserved this new year in Kings College Hall and I need a lot of information. Sure you can help me.

- Can foreing friends/familiy visit us inside the College? is there any problem to access friends. Which is the latest time to stay with them in the room?

- Are the showers and bathroom for common use? Are they inside the rooms?

- Is there any place to cook? Which is the way you prepare meals there? Is there any fridge inside the rooms?

- TVs and internet connection in the rooms? Help me about this!!

Thanks to everybody,

Hey,
    I lived in KCH last year, so can hopefully answer your questions.
    You're allowed overnight guests, but not for more than 3 nights in a row and not more than 20 per term (or something like that).
    The toilets and showers are communal, but you get used to this pretty quickly. I rarely had to queue for a toilet/shower, and you do get a washbasin in your room. Every corridor has a kitchen so you can cook there, but breakfast and dinner are provided (additionally lunch at weekends). They don't provide fridges in your room - the kitchens have them but if you want your own one you have to buy/rent it. There is wireless internet in the rooms, and a big TV room.
    Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks leb!

Thanks a lot!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.