Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

so, I did AS in Spanish and 3 other subjects but ended up dropping Spanish at A2 because i thought it was too much work with everything else and didnt want to sacrifice my other results kinda thing...

anyway, ive just finished my first year of uni and have no exams next year so thought about picking up spanish again and completing A2 through the year

I do Geography at degree so could probably balance the spanish a-level as well but i was just wondering:

1. If anyone has done this kinda thing before?
    2. Is it advisable?
    3. How did you go about it?
    4. general opinions

You might be better off doing a course at your university's language department?
    They usually offer semester long courses which either count towards your degreee or are a separate award - and there are usually different levels.
    What university are you at?

As discombob mentioned you should learn the language through your uni and then maybe just sit the exams for A-Level. Anyway some of the content of the Uni courses will far exceed A-Level standard-I plan on doing this too when I start Uni.

The advice given so far is good. If you still intend on doing the A-level, you can enrol on an evening class. However, as you are over the age of 19, you will need to pay. Alternativelt, try a distance learning course. You could self teach and then enter for the exam as a Private Candidate at a local school or college.

See here for details:

How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.