Turn on thread page Beta

Too many concessions for pregnant women watch

ReputationRep:
    I reckon.

Particularly in regard to swine flu immunisations

ReputationRep:
    You reckon pregnant women shouldn't get priority protection against illnesses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    You reckon pregnant women shouldn't get priority protection against illnesses?
    No more than anyone else

ReputationRep:
    We should shove a foetus up your rectum and see how you feel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexander Tomaszewski)
    not really
    Any reason?

ReputationRep:
    I think they should be protected, they're quite vulnerable when they're pregnant and (might be wrong) but would this offer immunity to the baby when it's born? So you're effectively vaccinating two people. (As I said, I could be way wrong).

ReputationRep:
    So who do you think should get priority flu vaccinations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    So who do you think should get priority flu vaccinations?
    Indigenous people of working age

ReputationRep:
    They're not as 'at risk' as an unborn baby.
    I'm a healthy, adult female, and I'd happily forego a vaccination in favour of protecting someone far more vulnerable.

ReputationRep:
    What does being indigenous have to do with whether they are pregnant or not?

Most pregnant women are of working age :rolleyes:

So, if your mother didn't have concessions...and something happened to her...whilst she was pregnant with you, you may not be alive or may have a serious illness..and you'd be ok with that?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah!! Save the whites here lolololololol
    gO bNp! Go NiCk GrIfFiN!!1!

ReputationRep:
    So not people with conditions which make them particularly likely to die if they get the flu?

ReputationRep:
    I totally disagree and not just because I am pregnant. When you are pregnant your immunity is actually lower than normal and you can catch far more colds and viruses then you would prior to pregnancy. Most pregnant women I know actually work quite close to their due date also so your point about people of working age doesn't really make much sense.

A baby could easily die from swine flu whereas a regular healthy person would recover normally.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl2: you want to give immunisations to people who could fight it off over those who are more vulnerable. Wow, well done on that logic fail.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon.
    On a wider scale, I agree with you (and new mum's tbh)

Particularly in regard to swine flu immunisations
    This is neither here nor there to me in all honesty - I don't much care how they prioritise it as long as MP's are not at the top of the list (unless they have other risk factors)!

ReputationRep:
    My take is that some people feel resentful because of a lack of empathy and of a "why should I give my hard-earned cash to some stranger who's ended up up-the-duff to have someone elses sprog?" sort of attitude.

Part of it is down to the individual's disposition towards other people in general
    Part of it is down to the society that the individual has grown up in
    Part of it is down to the fragmentation of said societies by largescale people-movement across the world in recent years - whether it's migrants moving here for work (and away from their families) or people here retiring away to the Costas - again away from their families.

If you were friends with/related to a number of pregnant women, would your attitudes be the same?

ReputationRep:
    I propose priority jabs for crackheads and alcoholics too

ReputationRep:
    I propose priority jabs for crackheads and alcoholics too
    Their situation is their fault (and problem) as well, if you're against prioritising pregnancy then you should be against prioritising crackheads as well.

ReputationRep:
    oh shut up.

pregnant women have lower imunity and therefore cant fight off infections as well as me, you, Tom, **** and Harry who arent preggo.

priorities should be, people with long term conditions, such as asthma, bronchitis, those having chemotherapy, the pregnant, the very young and the old.

same priorities as most other vaccines tbh, so i dunno why your *****ing! your probably perfectly healthy and would survive it. i have asthma but would still turn down the vaccine if it meant a pregnant woman could get the vaccine or someone having chemo.

x

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.