Turn on thread page Beta

Really bad odour from my vagina... watch

Hi,
    I just want to know whether the vagina..well the inside should have any sort of odour. I have been to the doctors recently and they told me I had thrush after doing some tests and they gave me a tablet that I just had to take once and the doctor said it should clear up within a few days. It did clear up but now its come back worse..and its so itchy, red and theres a really bad odour...its really getting me down and I don't why its come back again because i feel as if i'm a clean person...I guess it's best to go to the doctors again right, though i'm feeling really embarrased and also scared to have any intimaterelationship with guys at this moment incase of what they might say
    Any advice would be nice to hear!!

ReputationRep:
    Put your knickers back on and don't show anyone it while the medication works?

ReputationRep:
    Just go back to the doctors.

ReputationRep:
    Have you had an STI check?

ReputationRep:
    Come on. Unless your doctor is McDreamy or something, why would you be embarrassed about talking to them about it? They've probably seen much worse.

Some people like me just get recurring thrush, it just happens and you just take the tablet again. You can buy it over the counter without seeing your doctor again. You're just more sensitive than other people for some reason, that's all it is.

ReputationRep:
    fishy fanny :beer:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fawn)
    Put your knickers back on and don't show anyone it while the medication works?
    But, I wanna see :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Are you washing a lot with showergels to try to make the smell go away? If you are, you are probably making it worse. Try washing with only water for a while and see if the irritation and odour go away, the vagina is self cleaning and lots of chemical down there are bound to create problems. And if you are sure that it's thrush again, you can buy the treatments for it from the chemist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)
    But, I wanna see :sad:
    :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure you're not TOO clean?!

It is possible you know... also as you probably know antibiotics can cause thrush...

ReputationRep:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacterial_vaginosis

ReputationRep:
    Yuck. I puked a little inside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADREAM)
    Well that explains where the smell is coming from ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADREAM)
    You're a medic?!

Nahh it's not an STI, i've not had sex before but this is stopping me from being in a relationship..this problem.

So is the vagina supposed to have any smell at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olivia_Lightbulb)
    You're a medic?!
    Ya. When faced by smelly fanny-flaps, I will proceed to puke inside.

Two negatives make a positive, surely? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Nahh it's not an STI, i've not had sex before but this is stopping me from being in a relationship..this problem.

So is the vagina supposed to have any smell at all?
    if u havent had sex before, why rush into now when your vagina stinks? hold out.

ReputationRep:
    Repost this on the medicine application section.
    Should make medicine a bit less competetive :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tick.tock)
    Are you sure you're not TOO clean?!

It is possible you know... also as you probably know antibiotics can cause thrush...
    This is most likely the case, Try wash with water for a while or use a PH neutral soap like This

Overwashing is sooo common, dont worry about it. Go and see your GP if it carries on.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.