Turn on thread page Beta

Private Pratice - More like argue session watch

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha. My Dad basically taught me to drive in a rover 100. Its possibly the hardest (worst) car I've ever driven, and that appraisal includes, two clios, a LR defender and two discos, a 15 year old Toyota pick up, a ford galaxy and my current car, a VW golf.

I remember the first time I'd gone out in it. We attached the L plates and swapped sides. He sat in the car, the light was fading it was 5pm in January and he looked at me and said "well, go on then." Being an ex paramedic he was used to driving box vans through the centre of London at high speed, through red lights etc and didn't understand that I was looking for a bit more reassurance than that. I had some idea what I was doing, in part thanks to youtube and part driving a friend's car around a car park. With all of 5 minutes driving experience I got it moving down the road at what felt like a million miles an hour (it was about 5) the next thing I know "get it into second, [email protected]"1&G second, are you trying to blow it up?!" I'd normally get a berating for doing things wrong (I wonder how it is that I don't have a nervous disposition) then when I'm driving along he'd say, well bellow "you're really tense, you know that, relax man"

I can remember when I was learning, I really wanted to drive, the rover was there, I had the insurance, Dad was at work. I tried to convince her. After about an hour of badgering I got her to sit in it while I drove it round the block. We live on a really quiet residential street. As I was going round I started turning a corner, fine nothing wrong, nearly round letting the car run a little wide to give a car on the nearside room, then all of a sudden she's yanking at the wheel and the handbrake. The back end went out and we were now travelling towards the car at about a 30 degree angle. I hit the footbrake and hoped we wouldn't hit it. didn't hit it, with about 5 mm to spare. I've never let her in the front passenger seat while I'm driving since.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.