Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The book name and authour would be great ty

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know any

ReputationRep:
    http://www.librarything.com/tag/Pers...ntermediate+2)

I recommend you do Z for Zachariah, it's really good. It's where a nuclear war has gone on, leaving a girl alone in her valley..until a survivor comes, but it doesn't turn out good..

There are a few stephen king books that are both higher/int 2 level, carrie, cell and the shining, they're quite good

Here's an example essay on "The Lord of the Flies"
    , just to help ya plan it and stuff. Pick a book you really enjoy, and you know you'll have lots to write about. Google sparknotes with your book title, and you might find a lot of stuff on it ^^

ReputationRep:
    Psl?

ReputationRep:
    It depends what kind of books you are in to.
    I would recommend you don't do a book thats commonly done as teachers will compare it with better essays of the same book.

For example, a girl in my class loves Twilight and she did a really good essay on that. No one did common books, they did ones they enjoyed.

I actually did two poems, which I really enjoyed.
    If you can't find a book, I would highly reccomend you give it a shot.

Do you like books with a theme of fantasy, horror, romance etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamelaa)
    Psl?
    Personal Study of Litrature (is that how you spell it? I really don't think so...)

Btw Op, I forgot to mention. There is a sticky which is full of advice for your PSL. See: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=651837

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to write about what you enjoyed about it, regardless of what question you choose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Do you have to write about what you enjoyed about it, regardless of what question you choose?
    I don't think so. You have to address the question and answer it all the way through. At the end, in your conclusion you could say "I enjoyed [book title] because..." and list a few reasons which will help bulk out your essay. But I never did that and I passed so... Btw, never ever say you found the book boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    I don't think so. You have to address the question and answer it all the way through. At the end, in your conclusion you could say "I enjoyed [book title] because..." and list a few reasons which will help bulk out your essay. But I never did that and I passed so... Btw, never ever say you found the book boring.
    Ta

My question will be, "How does the author purvey the themes of totalitarianism and paranoia throught the book, with the use of setting and symbolism?"

Mostly straight to the point I think, lol.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.