29.69%
    Vodka
    46.48%
    Rum
    7.81%
    Other (Please specify)
    16.02%

ReputationRep:
    So I'm heading up to Stirling University in September, and what kind of drink should I take up?

This is mostly for meeting people ect, so what do people prefer?

ReputationRep:
    Probably cans of lager/cider, and a nice big bottle of something to share out with everyone - maybe something you can take shots of?

ReputationRep:
    Vodka, easy to mix.

ReputationRep:
    All of the above.

ReputationRep:
    vodka, or since you are going to stirling; voddy.

Don't they have shops up there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dream Weaver)
    So I'm heading up to Stirling University in September, and what kind of drink should I take up?

See you there! =P
    I think I'm bringing beer for an icebreaker

ReputationRep:
    if you take your own up with you, you will look very, very sad indeed.end.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Mrm.)
    if you take your own up with you, you will look very, very sad indeed.end.
    Not true at all. My entire flat ended up each bringing a little something to drink on our first night and we ended up bonding because of it. It's nice to share and a perfect ice breaker!

OP: Go with a few cans of something and maybe a bottle of good vodka. It goes with everything so most people enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    which every drink to like to drink :yy:

cans, and drinks that can be taken as a shot are all good, take what you want to drink

talking while drink is a very good icebreaker, as people become more social as they drink

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCM89)
    Don't they have shops up there?
    They really don't. Stirling Uni, for all its virtues, is located in a field.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dream Weaver)

Oh wow. I applied to Stirling, I only needed a B to get in. Declined them for Glasgow though and Strathclyde :P But my psychology teacher went and she said it was brilliant, hope you have an amazing time and who knows maybe I'll see you there if I don't get in haha

ReputationRep:
    Voodka! It will be good for sharing and tends to induce happy drunkness. Doing shots is fun too.

Maybe some Sambucca (can't spell) as lighting shots on fire will make everyone wanna' get naked with you.

ReputationRep:
    I was going to take a bottle of vodka, some beers to share and a bottle of red wine for moi

ReputationRep:
    Stop being brown noses and start being takers. Nobody likes a browny and sharing is for dweebs.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Ronar)
    I was going to take a bottle of vodka, some beers to share and a bottle of red wine for moi
    That's exactly my booze plan! I hope it goes well otherwise I'll end up rather drunk alone

(Original post by L i b)
    They really don't. Stirling Uni, for all its virtues, is located in a field.
    I never realised that. Great opportunity to get to grips with home brew though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoogy)
    That's exactly my booze plan! I hope it goes well otherwise I'll end up rather drunk alone
    Don't worry you will no doubt find other drunk people to make friends with if everyone in your corridor doesn't drink :P

ReputationRep:
    take nothing! then walk to the nearest shop with your new housemates to buy booze. that's how i ended up breaking the ice on the first day.

whoops, just read the thread.

homebrewing? :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna take some vodka, quite a bit of cider and copious amounts of rum

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.