Rum
    7.81%
    Other (Please specify)
    16.02%

ReputationRep:
    Take both beer and vodka = good plan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoogy)
    Not true at all. My entire flat ended up each bringing a little something to drink on our first night and we ended up bonding because of it. It's nice to share and a perfect ice breaker!

OP: Go with a few cans of something and maybe a bottle of good vodka. It goes with everything so most people enjoy it.
    Pure cods-wallop.
    OP take nothing; only the feeble and immature could possibly recommend such a course of action.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrm.)
    Pure cods-wallop.
    OP take nothing; only the feeble and immature could possibly recommend such a course of action.
    I think that most people who drink are going to take something and share... its called beign decent.

Thanks fo he suggestions guys, Vodka seems to be the consensus, and obviouslya few beers wont hurt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dream Weaver)
    I think that most people who drink are going to take something and share... its called beign decent.
    erm no.
    I think that most people will got to a bar or pub; leaving behind, in both senses of the word, those who choose to turn up with their kwik save bag of ale.....

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna take some Peach Schnapps, not sure if many people like it though :/
    I guess Vodka would be the safest option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrm.)
    if you take your own up with you, you will look very, very sad indeed.end.
    Yeah, not true at all.

ReputationRep:
    vodkavodkavodka <3

ReputationRep:
    vodka can't beat the good stuff but you may want to bring a few cans of something to get everyone in the mood and no pissed on the floor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lɪŋgwɪst)
    Yeah, not true at all.
    Ah, I see, words of experience indeed.
    AT least they would be had you made this post in 2012, after you had actually started at university...........
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Mrm.)
    AT least they would be had you made this post in 2012, after you had actually started at university...........
    I've been to uni already. I know that taking our own booze allowed us more time to have a drink together and then go out later in the evening.

I really don't understand why you are arguing so hard against something most people would consider a nice gesture. Even if it's not all gone on the first night, it's nice to have some in for when friends come and visit. It isn't a replacement for going out, it's just a nice thing to have beforehand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoogy)
    I've been to uni already. I know that taking our own booze allowed us more time to have a drink together and then go out later in the evening.

Dear God.

ReputationRep:
    Take something heavy (vodka rum etc) Beer is everywhere no need to take any. Will be taking some for my flat mates.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been to uni, but I cannot see the harm in taking a bottle or two.

If no one else seems to be sharing booze, you don't need to tell anyone you've got it.

If everyone is and you didn't get any, you'll be the sober stinge.

ReputationRep:
    Anything! I'd have taken beer or cider but thats just me.

ReputationRep:
    JAGERMISTER

That would make me happy anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrm.)
    '11 means the year I'll be graduating.

ReputationRep:
    When I came into the kitchen in my house at about 4 in the afternoon the day people were moving in last year, numerous vodka bottles were lined up on the kitchen table. So I'd go for vodka.

ReputationRep:
    I'd take vodka (rum is a bit eurgh, and you wouldn't get enough for people unless you took millions of cans of lager and beer).

ReputationRep:
    No Body Said Anything About Whiskey??? :'(
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by MR.PINK)
    No Body Said Anything About Whiskey??? :'(
    Jack Daniels went down well with my kitchen :yes:

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.