16.02%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoogy)
    Jack Daniels went down well with my kitchen :yes:
    thats the s##t right here
    jd on the rock :drool:
    jd and coke yum yum

ReputationRep:
    I feel bad about how much i'm planning to bring.

Few Cans of Cider,
    Bottle of Sambuca,
    Bottle of Tequila and
    a Bottle or 2 of White Wine.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.PINK)
    thats the s##t right here
    jd on the rock
    jd and coke yum yum
    That was our ruin on my first night there. We ended up all crawling out with hangovers the next morning but it was worth it I might spoil myself and buy JD to go with me. After all of that travelling I imagine hunting down alcohol will be a nightmare. It helps that my missus works in an off license - my booze just appears

ReputationRep:
    That was our ruin on my first night there. We ended up all crawling out with hangovers the next morning but it was worth it I might spoil myself and buy JD to go with me. After all of that travelling I imagine hunting down alcohol will be a nightmare. It helps that my missus works in an off license - my booze just appears
    what? each one had a whole bottle??

ReputationRep:
    Take as much as you possibly can. Predrink becomes a serious bank account saver I took a crate of strongbow, bottle of vodka, few mickey finns, some bacardi, all gone in that first week then you start to have totake th price of all of this out of your weekly budget. It hurts...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dream Weaver)
    So I'm heading up to Stirling University in September, and what kind of drink should I take up?

This is mostly for meeting people ect, so what do people prefer?
    there will be plenty of shops when you get there.... but any alcohol is good, just remember what impression they give, alcopops/wine are generally girly, beer/cider/spirits are more suitable for guys and also good to share

ReputationRep:
    Gin seemed to be the university drink when I was in first year.. or maybe I set that trend.. but still - gin & tonic is the way forward..
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.PINK)
    what? each one had a whole bottle??
    Well the two of us drinking JD did - we had about half a bottle in the afternoon and went out drinking at the union and then came home, ordered takeaway and continued drinking until about 5 in the morning after a game of Snap.

ReputationRep:
    Alcohol is a lot cheaper here. I've noticed that wine and rosé are ridiculously expensive in the UK. What costs 3 euros here was 6 pounds there. But I'm taking rum, scotch and jenever (dutch gin), which allows for a few cocktail mixes.

ReputationRep:
    Since I'll be flying over I plan (well I haven't really planned just thought of it there now) to get some vodka and possibly some jack daniels at the dutyfree at the airport. :beer:

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who hates cider? It's for kids who haven't lost their sweet tooth yet. I prefer pints of bitter/larger/Guiness/Mild over bottles and cans anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LurkerintheDark)
    Am I the only one who hates cider? It's for kids who haven't lost their sweet tooth yet. I prefer pints of bitter/larger/Guiness/Mild over bottles and cans anyway.
    Haha you are certainly not the only one...cider tastes like rat piss

ReputationRep:
    ORANGE JUICE!

Yumm.

ReputationRep:
    Well the two of us drinking JD did - we had about half a bottle in the afternoon and went out drinking at the union and then came home, ordered takeaway and continued drinking until about 5 in the morning after a game of Snap.
    damn, we should have been friends uni:cool:

ReputationRep:
    Bottle of vodka or something should be fine. Chances are other people will have brought some drink too so it can all get shared round.

ReputationRep:
    gin, wine, rum, whiskey.
    all of the above most likely.

ReputationRep:
    I voted vodka, but now I think beer or cider. There's something more casual about holding a can/bottle of beer. I don't know why but I'm not really for drinking spirits as carry outs. Take whatever you like to drink. Beer also works out cheaper and you don't have to worry about measurements or someone running off with a litre of vodka.

ReputationRep:
    Buy a crate or two of beer, then prop your door open with it, when people come to introduce themselves, offer them a beer...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dream Weaver)
    So I'm heading up to Stirling University in September, and what kind of drink should I take up?

This is mostly for meeting people ect, so what do people prefer?
    ummm.. they dont do drink up there? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Lots of bottles of Sambuca, a couple of crates of fosters, some wine for the ladies and some random other spirits

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.