29.69%
    Vodka
    46.48%
    Rum
    7.81%
    Other (Please specify)
    16.02%

ReputationRep:
    I bringing a bottle of jagermesiter I've had lying around for a while! It's about time I put it to good use.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikki-77)
    ummm.. they dont do drink up there? :confused:
    No, they do. It's just cheaper and easier to get it here and take it up rather than buying it there.

ReputationRep:
    Magners! Generally cider, just cos i hate beer and spirits seem a bit heavy for just an icebreaker
    But if its for later on maybe then sambuca always goes down well, so does schnapps, also aftershock! woo
    They might be girly drinks though...I can't tell
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by km31)
    Magners! Generally cider, just cos i hate beer and spirits seem a bit heavy for just an icebreaker
    But if its for later on maybe then sambuca always goes down well, so does schnapps, also aftershock! woo
    They might be girly drinks though...I can't tell
    Sambuca and Aftershock are gender neutral drinks :yes: Schnapps is a bit femme but it tastes so good it doesn't really matter!

ReputationRep:
    Jack Daniels Baby

ReputationRep:
    im thinking of taking a botte of vodka , a bottle of wine and a bottle of JD . hopefully im not the only one in my flat

ReputationRep:
    take some beer and some gin with some tonic. G and T is one of the best drinks ever made.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrm.)
    Dear God.
    How ************* old are you?

You're acting like my NAN!

Everyone i know who is going to uni will stock up on booze first thing.

If you have **** loads of money to waste on expensive pints then do that, but unless you are going to spend every night out in the union buying drinks in clubs will get expensive.

Drink first and just have top up drinks every now and then once inside whatever venue you will be attending.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LurkerintheDark)
    Am I the only one who hates cider? It's for kids who haven't lost their sweet tooth yet. I prefer pints of bitter/larger/Guiness/Mild over bottles and cans anyway.
    I've rediscovered my sweet tooth.

Used to be strongbow when i was 16 and broke. then when i could get into pubs it became lager and shots.

Now with the discovery of bulmers i back on the cider for good!.

I don't seem to be able to drink much lager anymore and bitter is yuck.

But i have to go with you on guiness/or stout in general. love the stuff.

And yes i can't drink anything out of a can anymore. Unless its cider which usually comes in a bottle i need ot have draught.

ReputationRep:
    if everyone takes vodka, wer gonna end up with aload of vodka and no mixers

ReputationRep:
    Lots of Kopparberg, maybe some Bulmers, Southern Comfort and a few bottles of lemonade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCM89)
    Don't they have shops up there?
    this

ReputationRep:
    Take some cans of lager and a bottle of sambuca.

ReputationRep:
    A load of beer and a bottle jack

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Libtolu)
    How ************* old are you?

You're acting like my NAN!

Everyone i know who is going to uni will stock up on booze first thing.

If you have **** loads of money to waste on expensive pints then do that, but unless you are going to spend every night out in the union buying drinks in clubs will get expensive.

Drink first and just have top up drinks every now and then once inside whatever venue you will be attending.
    Hello my dear idiot
    please read the title of the thread, and then my comments again.

I have no problem with the odd visit to the off license, that said I would much rather drink in a social location such as a bar; for which, as it happens, I do have more than enough green.
    What I do find idiotic is the concept of loading up my bags with ale for arrival at university.
    idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Jagermeister!:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrm.)
    Hello my dear idiot
    please read the title of the thread, and then my comments again.

I have no problem with the odd visit to the off license, that said I would much rather drink in a social location such as a bar; for which, as it happens, I do have more than enough green.
    What I do find idiotic is the concept of loading up my bags with ale for arrival at university.
    idiot.
    Hello moron, this is idiot speaking.

I also think it is weird that people are taking it with them and not buying it when up there, however i was refering to predrinking before going to a club, please moron read my post.

Yours sincerely

Mr Idiot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Libtolu)
    Hello moron, this is idiot speaking.

I also think it is weird that people are taking it with them and not buying it when up there, however i was refering to predrinking before going to a club, please moron read my post.

Yours sincerely

Mr Idiot
    lol nicely done

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.