Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I just realised that a hoody I bought in london the other day is actually officially women's (after searching online) even though I bought it from the men's section (different floor). Thing is it fits well and looks good - was reduced from 80 to 40. Whats teh difference ebtween mens and womens hoodies?

ReputationRep:
    Men's are usually longer in the body. They have a different sizing, but that's about it I think. If it looks good just keep it :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Men's are usually longer in the body. They have a different sizing, but that's about it I think. If it looks good just keep it :yep:
    I love it, I think its the favourite bit of clothing I've bought :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Not a lot, usually cut and sizing. Women's is done differently to men's, usually on chest size, and it's usually cut differently at the sides so it's not as loose. But if it fits and looks good, why complain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elfen)
    Not a lot, usually cut and sizing. Women's is done differently to men's, usually on chest size, and it's usually cut differently at the sides so it's not as loose. But if it fits and looks good, why complain?
    I don't know, silly really. It was just that thought of 'oh **** I've just bought a girly top'

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely none. (The size sometimes, but meh)

ReputationRep:
    Mens hoodies normally have a triangle shape where the shoulders are wider than the hips.
    ladies hoodies have shoulders and hips the same size but nipped in at the waist.
    unisex hoodies (probably what yours is) are just cut in a square shape with shoulders, waist and hips all the same width!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hota)
    what make did you buy?
    All saints, the shop in camden

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hota)
    Camden, what a place
    yea, amazing. love the whole vibe. only been twice but eager to go back whenever i can

ReputationRep:
    yeah problem is its so easy to mix up. Now a days retailers just add another size like Xsmall and think ladies will just go for that. Yes that is right but hoodies for women have a different cut. I found this site http://www.hoodiesforwomen.co.uk/ they offer a hoodie just for women so its cool

ReputationRep:
    is fine just hope none of your girl mates have the same hoody ;-) little harder for a man to explain why he has a girls hoody on than a girl with a boys hoody on! I have a mans hilfiger denim hoody and its my favorite item of clothing ever! Its so warm and fits amazingly ... i prefer longer hoodies, i find girls ones annoying as they are usually quite short!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.