Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would I be childish/pathetic for getting this? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Im female, nearly 24 and still live with parents but I was thinking of having like a dark fairy theme to my room (if possible in a non childish way) I just love elves, mystical fairies and stuff. I only have a small bedroom so this elf house and I few figures on horses like at the bottom of the page it would look quite big but do you think Im being childlike or pathetic? My dad says I am but they are only for show its not like Id play with them!

http://www.wonderlandmodels.com/prod...ock-elf-house/

I asked the question on another forum and most people said I was very immature and childish (quite true) and that I should spend the money on moving out instead. Thing is loads of people waste money by drinking and on nights out Im not a big drinker so why not spend money on something I enjoy looking at?

ReputationRep:
    A few models, or some well placed art work would be much better than that giant plastic model thing.

ReputationRep:
    It is a little bit childish, an elf house for gods sake?!

ReputationRep:
    It's your money and your right to spend it on something that you think is worth it and will make you happy. There's no point in taking other people's opinions, it's not like we share the room with you. So enjoy your little Elf house thing

ReputationRep:
    I personally think it's ugly and a waste of nearly £40, but if it's to your taste and you want it, get it

ReputationRep:
    I'd place it in my lil' sister's room and play with it when no one's around :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Up to you. I think it is vile and would rather spend my money elsewhere, but you obviously don't so just do what you want!

ReputationRep:
    considering the size of your room and the item, it would look really odd. Perhaps if it was smaller then it would look alright.

Its not childish at all, if you like the look of it, then go for it. its your money at the end of the day, spend it how you wish

ReputationRep:
    What are you supposed to do with it? :lolwut:

Can you sit in it?!

ReputationRep:
    Honestly? Yes. Yes it you would be childish and quite possibly pathetic too.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't anyone on TSR, possess a little tact?

ReputationRep:
    who cares how old you are? if you like it, go for it!

ReputationRep:
    It's not pathetic at all, but you probably could find something nicer for that amount of money. Have you seen the movie Labyrinth btw?

ReputationRep:
    I personally wouldn't it does seem a little childish but if thats your thing then go for it... Though do't be suprised if you get loads of people calling it weird/pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by repellent)
    well what do you think of this one? A bit more grown up looking..no?

http://www.wonderlandmodels.com/prod...hleich-oracle/
    It looks very very plastic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyche05)
    It's not pathetic at all, but you probably could find something nicer for that amount of money. Have you seen the movie Labyrinth btw?
    No Ive heard of it though

ReputationRep:
    How about I live in your room, can I be your personal elf?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by repellent)
    well what do you think of this one? A bit more grown up looking..no?

http://www.wonderlandmodels.com/prod...hleich-oracle/
    OP. I say do what makes you happy. If you like it, buy it. It'd be too childish for me, but then, I'm the mature (boring!) type.
    I prefer the one linked to above to the first, though.

ReputationRep:
    LOL well its your money go for it.... if it was me it would be lego cleaverly deguised as a gift for you 14yr brother... which i would then steal.

but what the hell... i would keep it out of sight from any guys you may have round... not a big turn on. sorry luv

ReputationRep:
    Its made by schleich I think its a quality make I have a few fairies and figures on my shelf made by them lol, might even get some kind of stand for them but those look too big. Im 23 btw some might see it as childish but who cares loads of adults collect models!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.