Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would I be childish/pathetic for getting this? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Do whatever suits you. But you are 24 years of age and I hate to be all conformist but shouldn't you start thinking about moving out? You're an adult, it's not healthy to be living with your parents still and planning to decorate your bedroom with elves or whatever. I mean, if you were living in your own flat then I'd say "cool idea" but your not.

ReputationRep:
    It's um..very plastic looking. o_e I'm sure you could get better ones for that money.

Have you ever lived alone or have you always lived with your parents? I'm guessing the latter due to 'still', but I might be wrong. It might help us make a judgement. :P

ReputationRep:
    yeah you may aswell go for it, you only live once afterall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by repellent)
    No Ive heard of it though
    You might like it (and David Bowie makes a really cute fae :blush: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlanetTea)
    Do whatever suits you. But you are 24 years of age and I hate to be all conformist but shouldn't you start thinking about moving out? You're an adult, it's not healthy to be living with your parents still and planning to decorate your bedroom with elves or whatever. I mean, if you were living in your own flat then I'd say "cool idea" but your not.
    but why the rush to live in my own flat when I can move out at a later age and its cheaper to stay at parents? How come its not a cool idea just because I live with them..

ReputationRep:
    Of course if it's what you want. I know people who collect and display all sorts of paintings and models in their room!

ReputationRep:
    but why the rush to live in my own flat when I can move out at a later age and its cheaper to stay at parents? How come its not a cool idea just because I live with them..
    Because moving out and living on your own is a pretty important part of growing up and becoming independent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apfel)
    It's um..very plastic looking. o_e I'm sure you could get better ones for that money.

Have you ever lived alone or have you always lived with your parents? I'm guessing the latter due to 'still', but I might be wrong. It might help us make a judgement. :P
    yea Ive always lived with them, I don't see how it comes into the judgement though:confused: If someone likes elves then someone likes elves no matter where they live lol.

ReputationRep:
    yea Ive always lived with them, I don't see how it comes into the judgement though:confused: If someone likes elves then someone likes elves no matter where they live lol.
    It probably adds to you coming across as a little childish? Living at home + having toys in your room doesnt exactly scream independence and maturity, does it? If you want it, I think you should go for it, but I also think it's pretty healthy to live on your own at your age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chic)
    Because moving out and living on your own is a pretty important part of growing up and becoming independent.
    Maybe but then why the rush to grow up and become independent

ReputationRep:
    Who cares, if you want it, get it. If it'll make you happy it's worth getting. My room is filled with loads of 'childish' stuff but whatever i like it It's your room so do what you want, basically

ReputationRep:
    Elves are awesome, I live in my own house with my gf and we have our fair share of alchemy gothic fairies and stuff :p:

Doesnt matter where you live, if you like that kind of thing go for it

ReputationRep:

Because you're twenty four!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, just that if you'd lived alone the 'you should live independently' comments might stop because you've had that experience and have learnt how to do it. :yes: But no matter.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's hardly rushing it when you're still living at home at 24, is it. I'm not saying it's wrong, but I do think that by living at home well into your 20s, you might learn to rely a little too much on your parents and nit learn to depend on yourself. But it's your choice really, I'm not trying to tell you what to do.

ReputationRep:
    It's your money..So it's entirely up to you but I think it's childish and imagine taking somebody back to your room :|

ReputationRep:
    weird

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belle-x)
    It's your money..So it's entirely up to you but I think it's childish and imagine taking somebody back to your room :|
    Everybody isnt like you, I wouldnt give a damn if I liked the girl, and I would expect somebody not to be so shallow as to be put off just because their hobby isnt like other peoples.

I think football is infantile, I dont turn down people because they like it.

ReputationRep:
    please dont buy it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chic)
    Well, it's hardly rushing it when you're still living at home at 24, is it. I'm not saying it's wrong, but I do think that by living at home well into your 20s, you might learn to rely a little too much on your parents and nit learn to depend on yourself. But it's your choice really, I'm not trying to tell you what to do.
    Its rushing it if Im in the middle of a healthcare training course not in a good situation to move out, but do so anyway because others think its more socially acceptable.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.