Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

please leave this as anon

well i dont know where to start. I'm feeling quite upset at the moment. to cut the story short me and my mum had an arguement. well not really an argument i asked her about a birthday party i wanted for my 19th (as i hadnt really got a chance to celebrate my 18th) and i got angry at my mum as she ignored me and didnt want anything to do with it or me. later on we argued and she called me a few bad names eg **** and told me id be useless in life. id have no family and friends and id die lonely. all this because i wanted to celebrate something? whats bothering me is that she called me names that there was no reason for. i dnt sleep around and i have close company of friends. sorry for the rant

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to have a talk with your mother so you can clear the air and make up.

ReputationRep:
    Talk to your mum as calmly as possible, try to see why she's so angry

ReputationRep:
    weird mum, very weird mum :curious:

ReputationRep:
    Try talking more calmly , have a talk with her , and make up !. If you don't there's always going to be some kind of point where you're both going to end up arguing again. And don't listen to the bad things she said about you . I'm sure you'll have loads of friends and stuff.

night !

Take care

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thorn89)
    Don't give advice while drunk.
    LMAO! I second that! x

ReputationRep:
    Let things settle down, both of you can sleep on it for a moment. If this is out of character for your mum there may be something wrong and she snapped at you abit, obviously not meaning to and im sure she is feeling pretty bad about it atm.

See how it is tomorrow and try and talk to her.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.