Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should i tell him how i feel? liking my friend?? watch

Announcements

Mods-please keep anon or delete thanks incase he reads this.

I have this friend who i really like we have got really close lately and i feel i can tell him anything and feel he really understands me. Sometimes i think he feels the same way too. Like he sometimes is really flirty not in a touchy feely way but more like in things he says.

But the thing is he also has a girlfriend. He never talks about her, but they have been going out a long time and still go on holidays together. I really dont go out to hurt anyone, but i really think that he just wants me to say something. Maybe i'm trying to find things that aren't there but i dunno..it just seems like he is.

So now i really need advice...

Should i say anything?? I feel really bad thinking about saying it but i just feel sad too that we're not together, cause i think he likes me too.

How can i move on completely if you dont think i should say anything. Like he is my best friend in uni, i dont wanna ruin our friendship aswell.

I dunno i just need to some insights from other people maybe with a similiar experiences?

ReputationRep:
    Depends? Think you're better/hotter/more important than current GF? If any of these are a yes, you've deffo got a chance!

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I would leave it. If he wasn't in a relationship (am assuming you're not?) then I would say something.

ReputationRep:
    are you a boy or girl OP?

(Original post by Honey_89)
    are you a boy or girl OP?
    Thanks for the replies guys, im a girl! i would say would kinda similiar in terms of attractiveness although i would be probably be a bit slimmer, but i dont know what her personality is like. I just think he is waiting for me to say something cause he is kinda shy like that like he didnt really ask his girlfriend out, but i dont want to be a horrible person too, but its just really frustrating

any other advice?

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest leaving it, it would put him in a awful position if you were to tell him as he sounds pretty steady with his girlfriend why try and disrupt that, it may also effect your friendship etc.

Is it okay to have him as a friend and nothing more? Move on and find someone else, it is just going to eat away at you if you get slightly hung up on him.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.