Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

I'm Canadian and was unfortunately unsuccessful in my application to Cambridge this past year.

I will be at the University of Toronto this coming year, and was wondering if it is possible to transfer to the University of Cambridge for my second year (ie entry would be in September 2010)?

I had a look at the Admissions website and found a page addressing prospective transfers from other UK universities, but not from international universities. It's at http://www.cam.ac.uk/admissions/unde...e/apply/#other, under the subheading "Students at other UK universities ".

My main reason for wanting to transfer is because at my current university, there's no unique economics program in first year. I received a transfer credit for first year econ (ECO100), but can't really take second-year econ because there are restrictions in place. And when I went to Cambridge for my interview, I loved it and would love studying there more.

Thank you all!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for answering. I've updated my initial post.

ReputationRep:
    You won't meet the residency req for getting a degree. You have to start from first year.

ReputationRep:
    Just put in a fresh application like last year, I think that would work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scherz0)
    Hello everyone,

I'm Canadian and was unfortunately unsuccessful in my application to Cambridge this past year.

I will be at the University of Toronto this coming year, and was wondering if it is possible to transfer to the University of Cambridge for my second year (ie entry would be in September 2010)?

I had a look at the Admissions website and found a page addressing prospective transfers from other UK universities, but not from international universities. It's at http://www.cam.ac.uk/admissions/unde...e/apply/#other, under the subheading "Students at other UK universities ".

Hey scherz0,

I think your two options would be to put in a new application or to apply as an affiliated student after you're done your degree at UofT. I finished my undegrad at Western (in London, Ontario) this year. In many ways, I wasn't really satisfied with my undergrad degree and wanted to start in a new direction. So, I applied to Cambridge as an affiliated student and will be starting there this fall. As an affiliated student, you can complete the regular BA in 2 years as opposed to the three.

I don't know if you would want to go this route because it would mean finishing your degree at UofT first (which you may or may not want to do). But, anyway, it's something to think about. And, if you have any questions about the affiliated student route, let me know!

Good luck!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.