Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any ideas for a present for a girl I like...? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone.

Its my friend's birthday soon, and I like her, and basically I want to get her some present for her birthday.
    Does anyone on her have any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    A cast of your penis.

(Exaggerate size if found lacking)

ReputationRep:
    Flowers? Or something little and cuddly, or something...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovelife)
    Hey everyone.

Its my friend's birthday soon, and I like her, and basically I want to get her some present for her birthday.
    Does anyone on her have any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

'Scoot around' the question when next in conversation with her to get a general idea of what she would like. Just don't make it obvious.

ReputationRep:
    probs is i'm not going to see her, she lives a long way away, and dont know how I can txt her hinting if you see what i mean!?

ReputationRep:
    A nice bracelet. It doesnt have to be expensive, its the thought that counts

ReputationRep:
    Chocolates delivered from Thorntons.

ReputationRep:
    Chocolates are generally good, one of those gift voucher experiences things perhaps? A day at a spa or something.

ReputationRep:
    If you buy chocolates, get them from Hotel Chocolat.

Seriously, my boyfriend got me this huge chocolate heart from their for Valentines day and it's the most gorgeous chocolate ever, nicer than Thorntons and just :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Talk to her about things she likes and then show her how thoughtful you are by remembering and buying it for her.

ReputationRep:
    Something with her name on it? or
    Millies cookies :P ..

ReputationRep:
    I know it's kind of cliched, but how about a mix CD of songs she may like? A guy did this for me once, using songs he thought I might like, and gave it me with a box of chocolates Most thoughtful present I've ever received!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I second that actually - chocolate from Hotel Chocolat or Godiva.

But you don't want to go overboard if this is supposed to be a present from a friend.

ReputationRep:
    vibrator

ReputationRep:
    chocs deffo sound like a safe bet i thk...kind of made awkward by the fact this girl already has a bf, but she seriously has been giving me signs recently that she likes me...

ReputationRep:
    definatly jewellery - you can keep it for a long time and its memorable where you got it from particuarly if its a piece you really like. £20 would get a nice bracelet/necklace and your probably better off steering away from earrings though as some girls have allergys to certain types of metals......

good luck finding something

ReputationRep:
    She's got a boyfriend, so don't go anywhere near the flowers/ jewellery territory unless you want to be beaten up/ everyone to think you are cheating with her/ ruin her quite possibly very happy relationship. Just go for chocolate and maybe a DVD/ game/ music.

ReputationRep:
    She already has a boyfriend? Anything more than inexpensive choc is way inappropriate.

ReputationRep:
    i was originally going to send flowers, but then thought that its not my place to - and i want to send her something because I see her as a good friend...

ReputationRep:
    I say bracelet. Its the perfect medium between friend and girlfriend.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Is cheesecake a cake?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.