Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am hoping to start Cardiff Uni in sept 2010 to do nursing. I need to know a few things if someone wouldnt mind answering them.

1.With the bursarys. How much are they per year and do you just get the bursary for nothing as I will be staying at home when doing my degree so wont need to rent or anything. Is the bursary only for people who actually need it. What is it meant to be used for???

2. I was wondering what kind of timetable I could be expecting. Im not asking for specific days obviously but just 4 says 5 days??

3. Is it best to have some care or that sort of experience behind you before you start your course?? Is this necessary??

4. If anyone who is doing nursing in Cardiff or is going to be next yr or this year then how did you find your course and the university all round?

Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becky3112)
    I am hoping to start Cardiff Uni in sept 2010 to do nursing. I need to know a few things if someone wouldnt mind answering them.

1.With the bursarys. How much are they per year and do you just get the bursary for nothing as I will be staying at home when doing my degree so wont need to rent or anything. Is the bursary only for people who actually need it. What is it meant to be used for???

2. I was wondering what kind of timetable I could be expecting. Im not asking for specific days obviously but just 4 says 5 days??

3. Is it best to have some care or that sort of experience behind you before you start your course?? Is this necessary??

4. If anyone who is doing nursing in Cardiff or is going to be next yr or this year then how did you find your course and the university all round?

Thankyou
    1. Bursary is paid to you monthly, third friday of every month I think. And it is paid to you regardless of situation if you do the diploma. If you do the degree it is means-tested.

2. You can expect either block placements - a number of weeks in uni followed by a number of weeks on full time (37.5 hrs/week) placement... OR 1 or 2 days in uni a week and 2-4 days of placement a week.

3. care experience is not essential, I certainly got by without it, but some unis may like to see that you have experience. It'd be best to direct any questions at your prospective uni.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.