Turn on thread page Beta

keep anon as friends use this and I'd rather they didn't find out over tsr.
    I'm female, 17 and bisexual.
    but noone close to me actually knows, I've had 2 boyfriends. which people knew about.
    But a girlfriend noone really knew about.
    It didn't last very long, but I'm still sure I'm bisexual.
    so, do I actually have to 'come out'?
    Or do I just wait untill I find a girl I'd like a relationship with?

ReputationRep:
    It's really up to you. Nobody can make that decision for you but yourself. Do whatever feels best for you.
    You may prefer to be out as bisexual now, if you feel that you would be being honest with your friends. It may also make it easier for you to meet other lesbian/bi girls, if you're already out it's more likely you'll find it easier to go to places you can meet other people or other girls may find it easier to approach you. Equally, you may feel like you could feel more free to make comments about liking girls as much as boys to your friends.
    However, if you're not sure and you don't want to be labelled, then there is no hurry for you to come out. Don't do anything you're uncomfortable with.
    You could of course always test the waters. You do not need to come out to everyone at the same time. Do you have a trusted best friend, a close family member? It may be easier to talk things through with one person and help gain a cleaer idea of your sexual identity before announcing it to everyone.
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    If you don't feel comfortable with coming out, or if you're quite happy for people to not know, then don't do it yet. Don't feel pressured to tell people until you feel the time is right.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.