Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lollapalooza)
    Why??! :woo:
    His blatent disreguard for the PC brigade and the way he sticks a big middle finger up at annoying envirnomentalists ruining everybodies fun

ReputationRep:

:yes:

ReputationRep:
    Craig Levein, either him or the meercat

ReputationRep:
    JK Rowling.

ReputationRep:
    Why has noone said Brian May? He deserves the title. Mr. Mercury would have won it if he was still around though, May is a very close second though

ReputationRep:
    david attenborough - noone dislikes him do they
    parky

???????

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna nominate Rowan Atkinson.

'Cause I bloody love him. And Hugh Laurie. And Tony Robinson and Stephen Fry. And Tim McInnerie.

In fact, ALL of the Blackadder contingency!!

I'm going to say David Beckham, especially if we're counting overseas fans.

Hard thing to judge though really. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Given the amount of foreign people in the country, maybe we should think outside our typical english idols, maybe the eastern europeans have a polish dark horse of a celeb they worship.

ReputationRep:
    Terry Wogan, David Attenborough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom Wigan)
    Simon Cowell.
    He has annoyed too many people's relatives (mother in-laws) on his talent shows to be the most loved person in Britain lol, e.g. the guitarist on BGT this year...I think his name was Martin? However I know that lots of people do love him :rolleyes: (my mum included lol) but he's a bit like marmite:p:

I think that Fry or Murray is the most loved person in Britain.

ReputationRep:
    Gordon Brown I think!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Is there a difference between being popular though, and actually being LOVED?

A lot of celebrities are popular, but they're not really loved by anybody other than their family and close friends, are they?

I mean, how can you actually love somebody that you've never even met?

So I suppose the most loved person in Great Britain is the person with the greatest number of nearest and dearest....somebody with a lot of relatives I would imagine.....thus not necessarily a celebrity at all. Just somebody who has a load of siblings, uncles, aunts, cousins, and friends more than likely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MetalheadA7X)
    Jeremy Clarkson
    He is very likeable or Richard Hammond.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poossum)
    But, if you did it in a utilitarian way, more of the country absolutely adore her, and i think if you balance it with the hatred she'd still come out on top
    I doubt that, I don't know anyone who doesn't loathe her. Probably no-one outside the home counties has anything but hatred for her.

(Original post by Altruistic1)
    You're saying he's a stupid person taking on the persona of an intelligent person (I.e trying to act clever)... which is stupid nonetheless..?
    I think they said he was what stupid people think intelligent people are all like, making no comment on whether he is actually stupid/intelligent

(Original post by Duncan70)
    Why has noone said Brian May? He deserves the title. Mr. Mercury would have won it if he was still around though, May is a very close second though
    Not really, most young people probably don't know who Brian May is. He is a bit of a non-entity these days, no-one hates him but only relatively few love him. Freddy on the other hand was actually hated by quite a lot of people, and was never really as popular as McCartney or someone either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MC REN)
    Not really, most young people probably don't know who Brian May is. He is a bit of a non-entity these days, no-one hates him but only relatively few love him. Freddy on the other hand was actually hated by quite a lot of people, and was never really as popular as McCartney or someone either.
    Oh believe me more people know who Brian May is than you would think, but I do agree he is out of the spotlight now unless you like that type of music where he is still an international celebrity.

And about Freddy, I said if he was still around today, don't you think people are more open-minded now than they were in the 70's and 80's? McCartney didn't die at an early age so I suppose they can never be compared, and there are so many people who died in the last few decades who would be contenders for the "most loved" title.

ReputationRep:
    The minute newspaper editors get bored of any celebrity, they will get forgeotten about and everybody will start 'loving' someone else.

Wow, that other thread hit the nail on the head. Shallow Britain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A is for Awesome)
    My friend James. Seriously, everyone likes James.
    True true

ReputationRep:
    Bruce Forsyth.
    Everyone laughs at his jokes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black_vine)
    Bruce Forsyth.
    Everyone laughs at his jokes.
    More out of politeness than anything though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.