Turn on thread page Beta

Why doesn't Labour use money from people on benefits to fund the armed forces? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    I'd rather my taxes went on benefits than war, personally.
    Don't worry your taxes are too busy being spent on MP expenses.

But honestly I think you are the same person who said that you do not respect WW2 veterans - in which case I have to disagree with you a 100%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djmarkmclachlan)
    No they don't

I was wrong

I'm sorry for saying something stupid

:top:
    :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaniqua)
    Labour has vast experience with excessive bureaucracy, I am sure they will find a way.
    If they could, they would have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    So people with downs syndrome should beg in the gutter?
    Nope - family should take care of them. If I happen to have a disabled kid, I don't expect the state to pay for it.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry boys and girls, ben great chatting with you all; nice early 5.30 start, night! God bless.

talkin shop for divvies
    how many 'scoungers' do you know and would the social snob dare say a word to their face?

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

Why don't Labour make these bleedin' prisoners wear pink dresses and do a bit a-gardenin' instead a-sittin' aboot watchin' Coronaten Street? The ones who don't wan' do it can fight each other with pruning shears, and Labour should be using t'buggers who keep beetin' t'others' heads off as sperm donors for t'single parents, and sendin' t'babies to them bleeding gulags like t'do in Russia, get 'em ready ta feet for us in Ee-raq; the scrotes who get killed'll be savin' taxpayer bleedin' money. Eh, eh, eh? :borat:

ReputationRep:
    Labour has vast experience with excessive bureaucracy, I am sure they will find a way.
    You'll like Yes Minister if you have not already seen it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J_H123698)
    talkin shop for divvies
    how many 'scoungers' do you know and would the social snob dare say a word to their face?
    u wot bruv?11?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heyjude)
    So you want to punish the unborn child for the mistakes of their parents?

If we had a private health care system such as in America and you were paralysed in a car accident and couldn't afford surgery, how would you feel if the government said "Well, you should have paid more attention to the road...Bye!"
    Family contributions? My family have paid tax in the UK and Hong Kong - I use the private system most of the time anyway, except for odd visit to my GP in Britain.

your a patronising tit who was no doubt bullied at school and seeking revenge

ReputationRep:
    your a patronising tit who was no doubt bullied at school and seeking revenge
    So, you're advocating the view that people on benefits are bullies? Oh dear, fail.

no im saying tories were bullied at school and want to drag the world down to make them feel better

ReputationRep:
    Your distinctly unimpressive, anecdotal academic qualifications and bland sob story really does not provide any further grounding to your hysterical arguments. Such arrogance really has no place on a forum where a vast proportion of its users achieve AAA. :rolleyes:

I thought my brevity would have prevented my words seeming at all arrogant or a 'sob story'. At no point did I egender sympathy for my anecdote. I was simply using factual information when objecting to your naive suggestion that I should 'enter the real world' when its plainly apparent that I have no need to do so.

Rather, I think that your ignorant and ill-informed prejudice opinons have no place in a forum whose vast majority are intelligent and sensible adults.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Uhh, the internal threats? If you're talking about radical islam, that is a result of miseducation.

My point was that the british isles doesn't need much to defend it. I even specifically said when it came to interests and territories then yes, Britain needed its forces to defend its overseas posessions and interests (such as kuwaiti oil or falklands oil).

But Britain faces no threat from the world. No single country, barring idiot table thumpers with no actual capability like the iranian PM, would be iwlling to attack the BRITISH ISLES.

Now, the EU as a WHOLE would obviously need armed forces (NATO), but the British Isles, in reference to the idiot MrJolly1902's posts (he was suggesting that something like Germnany attacking the UK could happen again :rolleyes: ) doesn't need them except for peacekeeping duties.

Now, if you're suggesting that EXTERNAL threats are an issue like AFghanistan, they're the result of meddling by foreign nations (the UK included), so it's a bit of a chicken coming home to roost.

No matter what it stems from, a threat is a threat and we must be prepared to deal with it. If that means going to them, then we go to them.

"Britain faces no threat from the world"

Bit simplified, but generally true.

For now.

Who's to say in 20 years time there won't be some threat on the horizon? Having something around, like 200,000 people prepared to use force, that'll roll them back is pretty handy, frankly.

So why would the EU need something and Britain not?

So what if it's chickens coming home to roost? Everything looks different in hindsight and it's not something we can undo, so we act.

ReputationRep:
    Rather, I think that your ignorant and ill-informed prejudice opinons have no place in a forum whose vast majority are intelligent and sensible adults.
    looooooooooooooooooool

ReputationRep:
    I thought my brevity would have prevented my words seeming at all arrogant or a 'sob story'. At no point did I egender sympathy for my anecdote. I was simply using factual information when objecting to your naive suggestion that I should 'enter the real world' when its plainly apparent that I have no need to do so.
    Yes, it was sheer arrogance and just because you happen to attend an adequate university doesn't suddenly mean you're qualified to 'enter the real world' and judging from your views, you have a long way to go yet.

Looks like it's just me and you then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Comp_Genius)
    Family contributions? My family have paid tax in the UK and Hong Kong - I use the private system most of the time anyway, except for odd visit to my GP in Britain.
    Oh, so as long as its only poor people suffering thats ok then.

I find your spoilt naivity abhorrent.

ReputationRep:
    no im saying tories were bullied at school and want to drag the world down to make them feel better
    And people accuse me of generalising. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yesioo)
    Make the people on benifits go to war OP. Two birds with one stone...*sarcasm*

I would, as others have said, rather have my taxes fund people on benefits then on a war. A small minority of people who accept benefits are what you call 'scroungers'. Most however are single mothers, have disabilitys or are incapable of work. Yes some choose to abuse the system and thats why the government hunt them down.
    Yet the government chose to hunt down people in the armed forces, when the are only claiming a few millions compared to 1.5 billions in housing benefits alone!

single mothers - they should have had better judgment. No one forced them to have sex. If you can't afford to pay for your baby, don't have one! what makes single mothers more special than a couple with a child? Sometimes both the husband and wife work, yet they still manage!

Disabilities - fine.

Incapable of work - fine, if they are on their own. But if they have family, their family, not the state, should support them.

And some aren't incapable...

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.