Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My parents told me (and my siblings) in February that they were getting divorced. I was obviously shocked (especially since I hadn't heard them quarrel a single time) but coped with it. Until last week, it seemed pretty far off. We still have supper together as a family and everything is pretty much the same apart from the fact that we're moving next week.

The thing is, on the surface everything is fine. I love my parents and my siblings all the same, I've got the perfect summer job, amazing plans for next year (my gap year) but something just doesn't feel right. My best friend lives in the UK (I live in Sweden) at the moment + she's got a new boyfriend so she really didn't notice anything when I saw her last week and I don't really want to talk about it over the phone. My other five really close friends are also living abroad at the moment. So there's no one I can really talk to about it. I feel as though I'm not allowed to complain about my life, yet I don't feel well.

I am, and have been, feeling really low the past couple of weeks and would just really like some advice from someone who's been through the same thing.

My apologies if I've posted this in the wrong forum.

ReputationRep:
    Theres no need to talk to anyone to be honest. Trust me it will be fine in a couple of months.

ReputationRep:
    My Mum divorced, remarried, divorced.
    There's not much you can do, other than get on with life.
    Talk to me if you want
    x

ReputationRep:
    My parents are divorced, mostly helped along by my Father being dragged away by the police after destroying the front door with his fists after practising on my siblings.

But, hey, I'm not really *that* affected.

ReputationRep:
    My mum is soon to marry hubby number 3 so yes :shifty:

It sounds a cliche but with time it'll get easier and in a way it#s good that you are at an age where you can understand and being able to make your own decisions instead of being a young child. I just found I had to be careful particularly with my mum and dad's divorce that I didn't make me take sides. Things will get easier though (:

ReputationRep:
    parents divorced. lifes pretty sh*te, but you have to get on with it. feel free to communicate...

ReputationRep:
    Yep. Child of trauma, right here

Seriously though, feel free to pm me at any time if you need a chat. Name a side effect of divorce and I pretty much guarantee I've experienced it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.