Turn on thread page Beta

Unsure which Party I truly support... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have always believed to be a Conservative supporter, but having re-evaluated my beliefs I find myself extremely right-wing economically, but sway to the left slightly regarding the social scale.

What party fits best my beliefs?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Conservatives out of the big three.

edit: how "extreme right" are your economic beliefs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    Conservatives out of the big three.

edit: how "extreme right" are your economic beliefs?
    Well, I believe totally in Free Markets and as little governmental intervention as possible. I believe in as little bureacracy as is possible, and lower taxes when possible. A flat tax scheme would suit me.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123banana123)
    Well, I believe totally in Free Markets and as little governmental intervention as possible. I believe in as little bureacracy as is possible, and lower taxes when possible. A flat tax scheme would suit me.

Thanks
    Good man

Probably the Tories out of the big three then.

Try this and share your results...

http://www.politicalcompass.org/test

ReputationRep:
    free markets ftw, except a flat tax scheme wouldnt work economically/soically

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting Politics next year I can't wait tbh..

ReputationRep:
    Libertarian Party UK :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Libertarians FTW

Honestly!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chigz32)
    free markets ftw, except a flat tax scheme wouldnt work economically/soically
    Why not?

George Osbourne believes it would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    Good man

Probably the Tories out of the big three then.

Try this and share your results...

http://www.politicalcompass.org/test

Yeah I tried that and my results are what I stated.

What to the Torys actually, ignoring all propagda, believe in regarding immigration and social standing? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Using that political compass thing i was Libertarian Center Left.
    Which i believe is New Labour/Conservatives? They're pretty much the same.

ReputationRep:
    Why not?

George Osbourne believes it would.
    Think about it; a single mother, two jobs, two kids, paying the same amout of tax as a "fat cat," who, to him, tax is pocket money.

I don't believe in the 50% tax for over £150k earners. They earnt it, so the G'ment shouldnt be taking half their money, but certainly more then < £15k earners, for example

ReputationRep:
    If the main parties are your thing, theres a number of 'Progressive' conservatives who do believe in freemarkets, but also government intervention but they're a lot dogmatic and more pragmatic than Labour.

ReputationRep:
    Think about it; a single mother, two jobs, two kids, paying the same amout of tax as a "fat cat," who, to him, tax is pocket money.

I don't believe in the 50% tax for over £150k earners. They earnt it, so the G'ment shouldnt be taking half their money, but certainly more then < £15k earners, for example

True, In hindsight my post was rather misguided!

Where do the Torys differ to Labour regarding Immigration policy?

I look at the websites, but find them all too much one-sided propaganda! :cool:

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I tried that and my results are what I stated.

What to the Torys actually, ignoring all propaganda, believe in regarding immigration and social standing? Thanks
    With regards to immigration, i think the Tories will cap non EU immigration probably by 50% or something. That would only cut it by like 25% in total anyway, so they wouldn't cut it that much.

What exactly do you mean by social standing? I think David Cameron does generally believe in social mobility, he's certainly stated that in a lot of speeches he's given. But i think in terms of social issues the Tories will maintain the status quo in a lot of areas. Perhaps tax breaks for families though or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    True, In hindsight my post was rather misguided!

Where do the Torys differ to Labour regarding Immigration policy?

I look at the websites, but find them all too much one-sided propaganda! :cool:

Thanks
    If i iz not b mistaken, labour are a lot more open to immigration, while a conservative viewpoint is to constrict it more.

Tbh, and I dont wanna kill your interest in politics, they say all this stuff to get votes, when they know its not economically/morally/socially viable. They try and get everyone possible on there side with empty promises with no intention of them being fulfilled, so tbf, it doesnt matter whether its labour, or tory, or anyting else, its all the same!

Cept BNP...dont vote BNP...

ReputationRep:
    If i iz not b mistaken, labour are a lot more open to immigration, while a conservative viewpoint is to constrict it more.

Tbh, and I dont wanna kill your interest in politics, they say all this stuff to get votes, when they know its not economically/morally/socially viable. They try and get everyone possible on there side with empty promises with no intention of them being fulfilled, so tbf, it doesnt matter whether its labour, or tory, or anyting else, its all the same!

Cept BNP...dont vote BNP...

Yeah I do realise that. I'm simply talking about political philosophy and not practicality.

Plus, I'd never vote for BNP, but I would definitely vote for them before voting Gordon Brown and his dispicable ''cabinet'', Harriet Harman in particular, back into power! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I do realise that. I'm simply talking about political philosophy and not practicality.

Plus, I'd never vote for BNP, but I would definitely vote for them before voting Gordon Brown and his dispicable ''cabinet'', Harriet Harman in particular, back into power! :cool:
    Ah fair do's!

Ahaha well you've just made your political choice then

ReputationRep:
    Ah fair do's!

Ahaha well you've just made your political choice then
    It was really about Conservatives vs Lib Dems.

But I really have very little knowledge of the Lib Dem's main policies, unless someone would be kind enough to fill me in...

ReputationRep:
    It was really about Conservatives vs Lib Dems.

But I really have very little knowledge of the Lib Dem's main policies, unless someone would be kind enough to fill me in...

Pyah, if a party isnt strong enough to break into the top, then it isnt strong enough to lead a country :P

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.