Turn on thread page Beta

Anon or delete please mods.

Hi.. so, I've not seen my college friends in about a year. There were about 8 of us who were pretty close, but they all went to uni (same one) and I went straight into a job, so I kinda broke away.

Anyways, they've been inviting me out for months now, and now they've asked me to go into London this Wednesday. Practically forced into going and have no excuses not to.

They're v.cool guys, don't get me wrong, thing is in the last year or so I've put on a lot of weight. I was already chubby, but I've put on a couple stone. These guys are the athletic type [one guy is a professional hockey player]. I'm really not sure what to do/how to act. They'll notice it 100% and won't say anything to me about it, but I'm pretty self-concious and they will discuss it between themselves after the trip.

So.. what do I do? How do I act? Keep in mind, these guys were in close contact this past year (seen each other every day) and I've not seen any of them. I can imagine the look on their faces when I walk up to them.. Ugh.

Time to hit the gym.

ReputationRep:
    They're your friends, so it shouldn't matter. They might be surprised, but I'm sure it won't take them long to get past it and realise that it doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    Go to the gym for your sake - not theirs. However as rscully has said above - they're your friends so really it shouldn't matter, of course they might be surprised but they'll move on quickly if they're the decent sort.

ReputationRep:
    They are friends with you because of who you are and not because of what you weigh! Go out, have fun and give them a chance

ReputationRep:
    Well your not going to be able to lose 2 stone by Wednesday. Obviously they will notice, and will probably be quite shocked about it. Just act as you always did around them, i'm sure they'll soon forget.

ReputationRep:
    Well, you'll be getting no anal fun tonight

ReputationRep:
    Wear really baggy clothing. Or those things that muslims wear - a burkah? Or some sort of cloak anyway. I hear baggy clothing makes you look skinny :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    Wear really baggy clothing. Or those things that muslims wear - a burkah? Or some sort of cloak anyway. I hear baggy clothing makes you look skinny :holmes:
    If only.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.