Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I thought of a fun question to ask! When your parents die will you be inheriting anything? When mine die I'll be getting the house since I'm an only child and maybe my dad's car if he's still driving when he's old. Personally once I've got a job and my own place I can't wait to inherit the house, though I'll definately sell it as I won't need it and would much rather prefer the cash :thumbsup:

I should probably care more about my parents dying but I don't, I know that makes me seem cold hearted but I can't help it, thats just how I am, I just don't really care about my parents that much sadly :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Don't want to think about it really.

ReputationRep:
    Their debts :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **** Valentine)
    Don't want to think about it really.
    This

ReputationRep:
    Yeh this is a little bit weird thread. I sort of want my parent to spend the money that THEY earned, so i don't want anything, so long as they enjoyed their retirement.

ReputationRep:
    I get reminded by my dad constantly but I'll get the house and a fifth of my aunts house and my aunts house is mahooosive and worth a fortune, but I wouldn't give a **** about my aunts house when she's dead.

ReputationRep:
    I won't, for sure. My father passed away earlier this month and my mother got 75 % of what he left, while the rest went to a step-daughter he never seen or heard of. I have 5 siblings and my mother's on benefits at the moment, so there won't be anything to inherit.

Except for a ******* green ridiculously ugly house in Yemen and a flat in France. :curious:

ReputationRep:
    Well then after imagining that they had a happy retirement I'm sure that you much rather prefer that they left you something rather than nothing.

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll be lucky to inherit even the contents of the fridge! lol, I'd rather my parents stayed alive though

ReputationRep:
    Well my mum has 2 other children apart from me, and my dad has one other child and a step-child apart from me.

So if either one of my parents die, I will receive only one third of what they have to offer!

And since my parents aren't with each other, whatever they have, I'll only get half of, and then that half will be thirded!

I also have to wait for their other halves to die...

And since they don't have much to offer anyway, I'm not exactly looking forward to my inheritance...

ReputationRep:
    How on earth is this a 'fun question'? :confused:
    I guess I'll get their properties and savings, but it hardly compensates for them not being here anymore. I'm getting a bit sad just thinking about it

ReputationRep:
    Why would I want to think about my parents dying?

If all you can think about is what you'll get then you are cold.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    £250 k a year- exempt from tax :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably get something, don't know exactly what and in what way is this a fun question? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    Why would I want to think about my parents dying?

If all you can think about is what you'll get then you are cold.
    Yes but would you rather I lied and said I loved them when I didn't?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuriso)
    I'll probably get something, don't know exactly what and in what way is this a fun question? :confused:
    Thinking about the property or money you will recieve from selling the property and what you can do with it of course

ReputationRep:
    My parents dont own their home, my dads disabled and my mum is his carer, I doubt there will be much for me to inherit.
    Id like to think that they wouldnt leave much (if anything) financially however, id rather they spent every last penny they had on enjoying themselves and doing whatever they wanted to before they died.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown?)
    Yes but would you rather I lied and said I loved them when I didn't?
    Nah, I respect your honesty but the way you put it seemed like you had a grudge with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown?)
    Thinking about the property or money you will recieve from selling the property and what you can do with it of course
    But what if I don't get a property or money? then it just makes the question even less fun.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt there'd be much to be left to anyone... :holmes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.