Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Only child of two familes, so I get the house, including the one in portugal but like others have said, how sad

ReputationRep:
    Yer i guess so. But most people in my family have lived into their nineties, so i'll probably have to wait another 40 odd years. And then it has to be split five ways.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I get half of the house, I get all Dad's motorbikes/trikes. I am one of two that are still in the will (Dad's first three children are not in it). Everything else gets split, I suppose. Or sold. I imagine me and Steph would sell the house; the land is worth at least £400,000 just by itself (whoever buys it will raze the house so they can build ten more ).

If nan dies first, I get the poppies and I get the crystal animals (they are going to be left to Mom but I get them when they're both dead!).

Incidentally, my nan was REALLY pissed that me and Steph were referred to in her will as "living issue". She wanted us to be either Jessica and Stephanie or grandchildren. She was NOT happy when the solicitor told her she couldn't.

ReputationRep:
    Not much from my parents, but my aunty's a millionaire with no children (whilst I'm a poor, impoverished Salfordian :puppyeyes:), so I do wonder if I would get a reasonable amount, if not all, of her money when she dies. She's probably written a will devoting it all to some Spanish waiter with whom she's having an affair or something though.

I'm too scared to ask! :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    My parents aren't really very well off, to be honest. The house isn't worth much and they have nothing of real value.

And that's fine, because I don't want anything. I don't really want them to die because me and my parents (and my brother) are sort of all best friends so it'll break my heart when they go. I'd only want trashy sentimental stuff like photos and old ornaments or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think i'll be inheriting anything, maybe some furniture lol :P we live in a council house and my parents don't have any savings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown?)
    So I thought of a fun question to ask! When your parents die will you be inheriting anything? When mine die I'll be getting the house since I'm an only child and maybe my dad's car if he's still driving when he's old. Personally once I've got a job and my own place I can't wait to inherit the house, though I'll definitely sell it as I won't need it and would much rather prefer the cash :thumbsup:

I should probably care more about my parents dying but I don't, I know that makes me seem cold hearted but I can't help it, thats just how I am, I just don't really care about my parents that much sadly :erm:
    You are not a very nice person. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I'll inherit a financial and legal nightmare requiring the services of a top class accountant and an equally skilled lawyer...but I really hope it's not for many, many years. What a depressing subject.

ReputationRep:
    Debt.

:moon:

ReputationRep:
    well my dad is 72 has 6 (grown up) kids and lives in a council house with my step mum.. i'm not going to see any thing from him, but that's how it's always been, i'm not expecting anything to change..

i'm not sure about my mum, she's 60 and so recently retired, but she never really gives anything away when it comes to money, there's probably very little.. she has three kids, so i'm guessing anything she does have will be split equally. she does have properties shared with my aunty, but she's not going to give us any money, she's pretty mean.

none of this bothers me of course, i love them very much as long as they're happy and live fulfilled lives, i don't care if i get nothing, i'm making my own money now anyway, and i don't live at home.

ReputationRep:
    I get the house.

ReputationRep:
    I got half a flat, half a pension and some shares from my father. It's been more hassle than anything else and solicitors fees will be taking a huge chunk out of it.

ReputationRep:
    Half of the house in Germany and half of the flat in London, if it's not sold after my step-dad retires...which it probably will be =/

Edit: If my real dad gives my inheritance to my fat old hag of a step-mum-to-be:mad:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    A lot of people are going to be disappointed in what they actually get in terms of inheritance, because people are living so much longer now and a lot will end their lives in some sort of care home. Their assets will be used to pay for their social care.
    Exactly my point, either people in this thread are being very unrealistic or their folks have mahoosive pensions!

ReputationRep:
    Nothing. Yet my younger sisters will be divving up roughly £1 million or so between them if not far more. And you know why. I chose to be left out of the will. I will make it on my own. I will stand on my two feet and tell the world that I have make it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Nothing. Yet my younger sisters will be divving up roughly £1 million or so between them if not far more. And you know why. I chose to be left out of the will. I will make it on my own. I will stand on my two feet and tell the world that I have make it.
    Respect to you fine sir!

I'll get 1/2 a house from my mam and probably nothing from my dad, not really arsed i'm not counting on it so dont care.

Alot of people see this thread as 'i want this and that' it's not. Just a chance for people to say what they're going to get/if anything

ReputationRep:
    This is a really disgusting thread.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    This is an awful thread

Nevertheless, to answer the question, I suppose I'd get my mam's house and contents, and car
    from my dad not much I don't expect. couple of hundred quid maybe?

I'd far rather not think about them dying though it's not a nice thought.

ReputationRep:
    A five bedroom house, a shed full of 'pure bred' rabbits and a load of debt. Apparently they've already decided that my brother is getting the house we live in, and I get the other one.

All this talk of 'when I die...' is very morbid. I don't want to be without my mummy :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    I don't need their money.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.