Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is a terrible question!

My mum has already told me that her and dad will sell our house (which is an old beach house) and go caravanning around Australia and then head over seas or something.

Good for them I say, they work hard so I don't expect anything from them when they die (**** thats even terrible to think about).

ReputationRep:
    I'll inherit land, split half with my sister.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose I'll get half of the house and whatever savings my parents have. Not really thought about it!

ReputationRep:
    People speak of inheritance as if it is something they are entitled to. Isn't being brought up and raised enough?

I hope my mum and dad blow all they have on whatever takes their fancy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown?)
    So I thought of a fun question to ask! When your parents die will you be inheriting anything? When mine die I'll be getting the house since I'm an only child and maybe my dad's car if he's still driving when he's old. Personally once I've got a job and my own place I can't wait to inherit the house, though I'll definitely sell it as I won't need it and would much rather prefer the cash :thumbsup:

I should probably care more about my parents dying but I don't, I know that makes me seem cold hearted but I can't help it, thats just how I am, I just don't really care about my parents that much sadly :erm:
    I've already inherited 120k from my grand parents and im only 18 . Personally i'd give it up to have them back.
    I don't care much for inherited assets and dont care for what i'll inherit from my mum.
    Hopefully i'll have a fleet of houses by then anyway. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmarilynx)
    How on earth is this a 'fun question'? :confused:
    I guess I'll get their properties and savings, but it hardly compensates for them not being here anymore. I'm getting a bit sad just thinking about it
    this
    And after they do die i seriously doubt my inheritence would be the first thing on my mind

ReputationRep:
    I get the house, plus whatever else

ReputationRep:
    btw if you arn't that close to em, what makes you think they'll be leaving everything to you :P .
    Unless they said so.

ReputationRep:
    If my parents died, I presume I'll be left debt, if they can still do that.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind getting half of the house and money.

Although if they wanted to sell the house and live it up in their old age I would be happy for them! Thats what I am intend do anyway if I live that long.

Also if they needed care in their I would be more than happy for them to sell the house to help finance it, so they could have a good qaulity of life.

I intend to make my own money in life and never rely on other people to help.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JumpingJonny)
    Their debts :dontknow:
    you can refuse to pay - say along the lines of - fell out years ago haven't seen them in a decade blah blah

and this is a horrid question - however my father is dying so this is something that has come up, between myself my mother and my brother, sister and nephew there is some money from his work benefits and personal plans.

It was brought up by my brother if the entire family but one was to die in a car crash (lovely i know) in that case there would be two houses two cars, assorted personal plans and work benefit plans not to mention a mountain of paperwork to sort

id rather keep my family

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=timetokill]My parents dont own their home, my dads disabled and my mum is his carer, I doubt there will be much for me to inherit.
    Id like to think that they wouldnt leave much (if anything) financially however, id rather they spent every last penny they had on enjoying themselves and doing whatever they wanted to before they died.[/QUOTE]

This. It is my Dads money so he can do what he want with it. I know as it stands I will get a fourth of the money from the selling of the family home. But if he decides to sell up and just spank it all, then fair play to him. My parents have spent a lot already on me, and it is not something I am owed.

And to the OP, you are not necessarily bad for not really caring about your parents in a way. However, the way the post was worded sounds like the only benefit from this relationship is your inheritance. Now thats pretty cold, and depressing.

ReputationRep:
    I have 4 brother and sisters so a 5th, my parents will leave me a decent inheritience but it's still a 5th. I'm still not sure if my dad has offshore bank accounts etc so we'll see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by
    n0c0ntr0l
    )

Nothing. Yet my younger sisters will be divving up roughly £1 million or so between them if not far more. And you know why. I chose to be left out of the will. I will make it on my own. I will stand on my two feet and tell the world that I have make it.
    Out of interest, what do your parents do lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisLittlePiggy)
    I hope my mum and dad blow all they have on whatever takes their fancy.
    Ditto.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really want to think about it to be honest.

If things stay as they are at the moment I will inherit 1/3 of everything that my dad has. They only reason that I know that is because after my mum died my dad made it very clear to all of us where his will was, along with everything else that we would need and what his will said.

I hope that he goes off and enjoys himself with the money that he has worked hard for to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I'll inherit a small fortune, but to be honest, I'd rather my family lives forever :sad:

ReputationRep:
    It will turn out all the jokes will be true and my dad is in fact a spy. Russian mobsters will track me down and torture me with a bunsen burner and a small machete for the location of his notes, after being rescued by the FBI I will be catapulted into an inexplicable and outrageously stupid series of events which lead me to saving the world and getting with a girl who I have nothing whatsoever in common with other than that we have been tortured with the same bunsen burner,

ReputationRep:
    As every african child in this country. Land back home. Don't even want to go back there.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.