Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do You Have To Use Your Arms At The Gym? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Can you weight train without using your arms?

Its just like, sometimes they ache for days afterwards, which prob means like internal damage or something.

Plus using arms is extra effort and sometimes the gym is too hot, or too cold, so my arms either get too sweaty or too goosepimply.

I also find they dont grow really, even though Ive been training for a week, nothing is really happening so prob think this bodybuilding stuff is bit of an urban myth.

What you guys think??

PS. If I dont use my arms I can focus my efforts on sit ups, will that get me a 6 pack in 2 weeks?

ReputationRep:
    Lmaoooo

*waits for serious replies*

ReputationRep:
    you need to do what some people

find yourself access to a G place

it increases G to like 2-3G so everything is heavier

gets u swole quick x

ReputationRep:
    what the hell

ReputationRep:
    I heard you can also squat, which isnt using arms, but will give me 17'' guns??

Anyone help?

ReputationRep:
    You could train without using your arms, but then how would you get a 6-pack? everyone knows most of your muscle mass is in your arms, and when you train them, excess muscle goes to the rest of your body, such as your abs.

Of course you need to have the diet right. Drink lots of water, because the minerals in it help develop muscle mass. I'm currently on a diet comprising only foods beginning with the letter G. I can only think of Grapes to eat though, but I am definitely losing weight, which is good.

Remember not to have anything like protein shakes, good training is clean training. Protein shakes are basically steroids, so obv they are bad for you.

Anyway, i'm off tomorrow to do some spot fat reduction on my neck, I think it's a bit too fat there. So I'm doing lots of nodding with a dumbell on my forehead.

Hope the training goes well

ReputationRep:
    Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by White Zenith)
    You could train without using your arms, but then how would you get a 6-pack? everyone knows most of your muscle mass is in your arms, and when you train them, excess muscle goes to the rest of your body, such as your abs.

Of course you need to have the diet right. Drink lots of water, because the minerals in it help develop muscle mass. I'm currently on a diet comprising only foods beginning with the letter G. I can only think of Grapes to eat though, but I am definitely losing weight, which is good.

Remember not to have anything like protein shakes, good training is clean training. Protein shakes are basically steroids, so obv they are bad for you.

Anyway, i'm off tomorrow to do some spot fat reduction on my neck, I think it's a bit too fat there. So I'm doing lots of nodding with a dumbell on my forehead.

Guacamole :yes: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by White Zenith)

Cheers mate thats sound advice.

I was gonna use some Creatine but didnt want Creatine-Rage.

I might invest in some Acai berry tho, my mate got ripped in 2 weeks on them.

ReputationRep:
    A funny troll. You don't see them very often.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    A funny troll. You don't see them very often.
    I need help though, coz I dont wanna get massive like Arnie or some bodybuilder.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried slendertone? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    What inspired this gem of a thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Have you tried slendertone? :confused:
    Do you think:

Slendertone
    Acai Berry
    Adios

Will get me like this?

ReputationRep:
    I use my penis personally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_alerts)
    Do you think:

Slendertone
    Acai Berry
    Adios

Will get me like this?

Sure, I got a pretty mean right-rook; buy a slendertone and I'll take a swing.

ReputationRep:
    What about 1000g of Test and some Synthol??!

Actually I dont wanna use steroids so would DS do the trick?

ReputationRep:
    Dude, your nuts?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_alerts)
    Do you think:
    Slendertone
    Acai Berry
    Adios
    Will get me like this?
    No. None of those items listed have been know to cause bleeding to the face

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voudreau)
    No. None of those items listed have been know to cause bleeding to the face
    ***** I already said it would!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.