Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'd say you got an appropriate punishment. If the SQA haven't said anything other than what you got in that letter, nothing else will happen. Hardly draconian fascism :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RockyRoad)
    No appeal is a pretty mild punishment, when all is said and done. Maybe the idea is that your headteacher will unleash hell upon you when you go back to school, and you will be used as an example for years to come in those "Exam Etiquette" type assemblies schools seem so fond of holding.

I thought I was a rebel when I wrote "haven't a clue" as an answer in my SG prelim paper... Got a thirty hour rant from an angry, angry teacher.
    You have no idea how much that made me smile (the parts I highlighted)..I kid you not we must have had about 5 of them on the run up to the finale exams this year. This to add to the ********** we got after the prelims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xRed)
    ok, i knew i was never passing this one exam, so i didnt study for it and thought it would be funny just to give stupid answers for the questions i had absolutely no idea on.. which was a bad idea

i wrote all this funny stuff and swore and i guess talked about a lot of taboo subjects in my answers, and basically insulted the examiner (not directly) and the subject they teach..

and i got a penalty in the post, a copy of parts of my exam that were more offensive than funny, and a letter from my headteacher saying that she agrees with the penalty

The penalty was given due to my exam being "Frivolous/Offensive", and the penalty being "No Assessment Appeal".

I have written a letter of apology to everyone who could have been offended by it, and also said i have no intention of trying to uplift the penalty because i deserved it.

Ive been told that because of this penalty, my other exams may be disqualified. I worked extremely hard for my other exams and did not do anything as completely idiotic as i did in this exam.

In my letter i told whoever reads it why i done it and that basically i knew i was in the wrong and that i wont do it again and that i hope it doesnt affect my other exams (obviously i wrote it in a more formal way) if that makes any difference whatsoever.

so, is there a chance all my other exams will be cancelled because of this penalty? Or will i just get a no award for this one exam?

In the letters i received, it just states one penalty; I cant appeal if i fail the exam, and it doesnt state anywhere at all that my other exams could be affected by the penalty.
    a no appeal punishment is pretty mild, they probably won't cancel all your exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaDilemma)
    You have no idea how much that made me smile (the parts I highlighted)..I kid you not we must have had about 5 of them on the run up to the finale exams this year. This to add to the ********** we got after the prelims.
    Been there, done that...

ReputationRep:
    I thought I was a rebel when I wrote "haven't a clue" as an answer in my SG prelim paper... Got a thirty hour rant from an angry, angry teacher.
    Wow, that's one long rant!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C274)
    Been there, done that...
    What? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I'm so dying to know what you wrote to get a penalty. I didn't even know penalties existed! I also highly doubt they'll cancel all your exams - if they do it's exceptionally unfair and the examiner needs to grow some balls. Surely a funny answer paper is a bit of welcome relief to the banality of exam marking?! Although you probably shouldn't insult the examiner ever.

Reminds me of this lolworthy website http://www.masalatime.com/?p=419

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quadruple_twist)
    I'm so dying to know what you wrote to get a penalty. I didn't even know penalties existed! I also highly doubt they'll cancel all your exams - if they do it's exceptionally unfair and the examiner needs to grow some balls. Surely a funny answer paper is a bit of welcome relief to the banality of exam marking?! Although you probably shouldn't insult the examiner ever.

Reminds me of this lolworthy website http://www.masalatime.com/?p=419
    Thank you for that link :rofl:

Oh and, what bit o ayrshire ya from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xRed)
    a subject that i dont need for anything and i'll probably never have to talk about again in my life
    French it is then :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Thank you for that link :rofl:

Oh and, what bit o ayrshire ya from?
    No worries! I'm from the sunny seaside resort of Troon, but during term time I live in Glasgow.

ReputationRep:
    Heh. In one of mine I knew I wasnt going to do well in, I drew a picture of a cow having a birthday party, with a pig and a sheep invited xD

Still waiting for the result...

ReputationRep:
    No worries! I'm from the sunny seaside resort of Troon, but during term time I live in Glasgow.
    Awwwe I'm from ayr Take it you went to Marr College then? I go to QMA. :yes: (well, did anyway).

ReputationRep:
    The moon is round, the moon is square. The fishes swam from Troon to Ayr... :music:

Sorry, I'm such an embarrisment, I just couldn't resist :p:

:rofl: I remember in my Int 2 Maths exam, I had no idea what the question was asking (it was worth like 5 marks or something) and I was so excited when I had an idea that I started writing it out really quickly, only to realise my mistake and put massive scribbles through it, and I wrote "PLEASE IGNORE" and an arrow to my fresh attempt. :facepalm: Still got a lousy C, the examiner must have thought I was a moron!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    :rofl: I remember in my Int 2 Maths exam, I had no idea what the question was asking (it was worth like 5 marks or something) and I was so excited when I had an idea that I started writing it out really quickly, only to realise my mistake and put massive scribbles through it, and I wrote "PLEASE IGNORE" and an arrow to my fresh attempt. :facepalm: Still got a lousy C, the examiner must have thought I was a moron!
    I thought most people did stuff like that

In my applied maths, i left a couple of pages for this question I couldn't get done and came back to it later, only to find I could finish it off in a few lines. I wrote "please read on, I left space because this question took me ages" XD

(Original post by Meteorshower)
    I thought most people did stuff like that

In my applied maths, i left a couple of pages for this question I couldn't get done and came back to it later, only to find I could finish it off in a few lines. I wrote "please read on, I left space because this question took me ages" XD
    Thank God for that then :awesome: I'd like to read a collection of notes that people have written to examiners in blind panic during an exam ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    Thank God for that then :awesome: I'd like to read a collection of notes that people have written to examiners in blind panic during an exam ...
    During my Chemistry exam I realised how little time I had left and how much I still had to do so I started skipping through pages and doing questions which I knew the answer to straight away. This resulted in quite a few pages left completely blank so at the bottom of each one, right at the very end, I went and put large arrows with PTO and stuff. I'm such an idiot... god knows what the examiner thought of my mess.

edit for my crappy spelling...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    During my Chemistry exam I realised how little time I had left and how much I still had to do so I started skipping through pages and doing questions which I knew the answer to straight away. This resulted in quite a few pages left completely bland so at the bottom of each one, right at the very end, I went and put large arrows with PTO and stuff. I'm such an idiot... god knows what the examiner thought of my mess.
    Oh, I did that in my computing exam. I have a habit for using asterisks and writing all over the page, instead of using the back. I forgot how to spell "scaling" (pathetic, I know), and ended up with half a page of attempts of spelling it & scribbles, damn exam panic :facepalm:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.