Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If i wanted to get from Waterloo Station to Travelodge Farringdon Hotel which is about 1.45 miles, how much roughly would that cost?

Going to London soon and i don't want to lose lots of money by using too many taxis.

ReputationRep:
    its not about how far it is, its how long it takes cause they run on a meter. so like, for example, euston to liverpool street with some traffic on a sunday night is about 20 minutes and 12 quid.

ReputationRep:
    Do Not Take Black Cabs Total Rip Off They Take The Long Way Round On Purpose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LdnShmoo)
    its not about how far it is, its how long it takes cause they run on a meter. so like, for example, euston to liverpool street with some traffic on a sunday night is about 20 minutes and 12 quid.
    Its actually a combination of both time and distance. you are charged a certain amount for a certain unit of time or distance, whichever one is reached first

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/...ares/4870.aspx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cocoangel)
    Do Not Take Black Cabs Total Rip Off They Take The Long Way Round On Purpose
    QFT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will504)
    Its actually a combination of both time and distance. you are charged a certain amount for a certain unit of time or distance, whichever one is reached first

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/...ares/4870.aspx
    Wow, is that purposefully so complicated no-one can be bothered to work out how much they'll be charged? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Taxis cost between £25,000 and £30,000 depending on the spec.. Bronze, Silver and Gold

This is the same no matter where you buy it.. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Have a look on Addison Lee to get an idea.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I went on a 0.6 mile journey when the roads were completely clear (so it took maybe 3 minutes) and it cost £6...
    I went over 4 miles with moderate traffic in Huddersfield for £6.

I say just walk. Suitcase with wheels perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    I got a taxi from Euston to Stoke Newington and it cost me 20 quid.

ReputationRep:
    Get a minicab, not a black cab. Ask someone at the station for the nearest minicab office, or perhaps search online before you go and save the number so you can call when you get to the station. Minicabs are MUCH cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    Euston Station to St Pancras cost me £4.50 -- so much better and more convenient than tube, or walking with 2 suitcases with wonky wheels!

ReputationRep:
    st pancras to euston is probably 5 mins walk even with massive cases!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.