Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Bet this guy has had more women than any boys here have had, and more beautiful women than any of the girls here. He's 5'6" btw. Umad?

http://www.maxmarkel.com/blog/wp-con...eilstrauss.jpg

(Original post by ChrisLincoln)
    Woo i fit most of these, shame that i'm also shamelessly over confident and a massive flirt. Scares most of the good girls awayyy.
    Its the over-confidence brah. OVER confidence = insecurity.

Being confident isn't about expressing confidence. Its about confidently expressing everything. Get me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipegg)
    Take away the rugby playing and Im yours :p:
    :love:
    But let me guess, you're about 17?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Local_United_Fan)
    Beth this guy has had more women than any boys here have had, and more beautiful women than any of the girls here. He's 5'6" btw. Umad?

http://www.maxmarkel.com/blog/wp-con...eilstrauss.jpg
    But the question was not what kind of guy gets laid the most. ******* a lot of girls does not equal ideal relationship partner.

ReputationRep:
    Tall... Dark... Funny... Sexy stubble :coma:
    Lovely eyes, preferable blue... light blue!
    Tanned, but not too tanned.
    gorgeous smile.
    hot Hot HOT body!!
    And most importantly,
    If he smells/looks/feels like my boyfriend then ill be all over him :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angie45)
    I guess i'm a little observative, but everyone who answered this thread put "TALL" as being the most important criteria.

Do girls just want a man taller than them, or what height do you consider being tall?
    When I say tall, I mean in comparison to me. I'm 165 cm and I would consider anything above 180 cm tall, but ideally I would prefer a guy to be a bit taller than that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarcusTheEskimo)
    Did this thread give a big confidence boost to anyone else?
    No. They never do.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's because noone likes to be outshined by their partner. My cousin is very opinonated and loud and confident, yet her ex was very quiet and reserved. I think after a while it leads to problems between the two, she was outshining him at every moment. Even while with his friends - and ultimately that's why their relationship ended. But some people feel comfortable having a very confident other half who will cast them into the shadows - thus making them feel more conifdent.

I love overly confident guys - almost edging on cocky - but maybe that's due to my personality?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chic)
    But the question was not what kind of guy gets laid the most. ******* a lot of girls does not equal ideal relationship partner.
    Yea but I think a lot of guys will read this thread and despair. I mean, I consider myself fairly attractive but I don't fulfill your whole list of requirements, so a less enlightened guy might get disheartened...but I know better.

He's going out with this girl called Lisa Leveridge anyway who's like this gorgeous 6 ft blond rock guitarist. Just shows how little appearances actually matter when you can capture a woman's mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cadaeibfeceh)
    Someone PLEASE describe someone I can pass off as me :/

alan carr?

ReputationRep:
    An individual
    Someone who can make me laugh AND laughs at stuff I say too
    Not pathetic enough to play mind games
    Good in bed ;D [not that this is essential, but we are talking perfect man here]
    Crazy hair
    Nose on the large side
    Romantic, puts thought into his actions etc. Also spontaneous, for once, please.
    Clever
    Has plenty of guy friends, I can't stand those men who spend their entire time clinging to a group of girls.
    A little jealous
    Has things to teach me.
    Taller than me.
    Good body, not asking for a 8-pack here or whatever but just a little toned
    Good conversationalist, would be nice to have someone who listens to what I say and actually responds over 50% of the time *glares at boyfriend*

Even looking at this list there seems to be something lacking that would make them perfect, but honestly I can't really visualise what perfection would be.

ReputationRep:
    Fox Mulder

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Local_United_Fan)
    Yea but I think a lot of guys will read this thread and despair. I mean, I consider myself fairly attractive but I don't fulfill your whole list of requirements, so a less enlightened guy might get disheartened...but I know better.

He's going out with this girl called Lisa Leveridge anyway who's like this gorgeous 6 ft blond rock guitarist. Just shows how little appearances actually matter when you can capture a woman's mind.
    Just like girls will read that thread about the perfect girl and despair. It should be pretty obvious though that people rarely end up with their ideal partner (and quite often they don't really know what they're actually looking for, especially girls!).

Yep, I know. I've read The Game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutta!)
    The perfect woman thread inspired me to do a perfect man one:

I like

Tall guys definitely taller than me
    Nice lips
    Beautiful cheek bones
    I dont mind race too much, i am attracted to many although not so much oriental guys. But whatever tickles my fancy
    I hate muscly guys, that are HUGE.
    Waist perhaps 38" -40"
    Sweet, very kinky, smart and a nice grin!
    Toned arms and abs ( nice abs mean buisness)
    Makes me laugh
    Romantic but not too effeminate
    Not a huge nose! I hate big noses!
    Takes the initiative to find out whats up if you are down
    Accent- I love the northern accents seriously hot. However, Im not fond of the Birmingham accent ( sorry)
    Wow. I did one of these for myself and I have to say that almost all of it did not regard their image at all, but all the inside stuff.

Those kinds of list are much more satisfying and productive.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say its quite the opposite of insecurity, i'm so sure of myself that i constantly feel good. I love situations where other people fail in, like job interviews, going on dates, joining new clubs/societies etc. But most girls can't handle someone whose very arrogant, unless they themselves are pretty strong willed.
    Lol, mate you remind me of me at about 16, especially the 'like to be in situations where other ppl fail' thing....and true, some girls do go for the arrogant thing, but if you're honest with yourself, you will eventually realise that you're not truly happy or really confident, and - to some extent - you are putting on an act. I see you work out - would you be so confident if you lost all your development?? I used to put much of my self esteem in my muscles.

When you realise this and start to tone down the arrogance in favour of openness and warmness, particularly towards girls BUT with real self confidence - the type you don't have to show off with muscles, being loud, arrogant etc, you will do about 10x better with girls and ppl will like you more in general. Trust me, I know this from experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutta!)
    The perfect woman thread inspired me to do a perfect man one:

I like

Tall guys definitely taller than me
    Nice lips
    Beautiful cheek bones
    I dont mind race too much, i am attracted to many although not so much oriental guys. But whatever tickles my fancy
    I hate muscly guys, that are HUGE.
    Waist perhaps 38" -40"
    Sweet, very kinky, smart and a nice grin!
    Toned arms and abs ( nice abs mean buisness)
    Makes me laugh
    Romantic but not too effeminate
    Not a huge nose! I hate big noses!
    Takes the initiative to find out whats up if you are down
    Accent- I love the northern accents seriously hot. However, Im not fond of the Birmingham accent ( sorry)
    you are expecting a fatty with abs?

the ****

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, perfect man you say...

Taller than me (not hard, I'm five foot)
    Brown eyes
    Cheeky
    Nice grin (dimples a very big bonus, but rare)
    Reads
    Intelligent and interested in current affairs
    At the same time, doesn't have opposite opinions to me but a little different is nice
    Nerdy
    Slightly messy slightly long hair
    Any colour hair but blond
    Not typically laddish
    Musical is a bonus but guitar is a bit...generic
    Nice hands
    Gets my sense of humour
    Protective
    Hugs a lot :p:
    Northern or generic southern accent, not posh though
    Genuinely and obviously cares, no mind games
    Romantic
    A little jealous :p:
    Funny

Um, I think that's all... :redface:

ReputationRep:
    Lol, re read it i didnt mean i like other people failing. I meant situations which most people don't like, i enjoy them. And really i am happy and confident and don't have an act at all lol. And i'm not particularly muscley to be honest so its not like i can hide behind them or anything :p:.

It's just who i am, can't change the fact that i constantly feel i know best. I'm definitely not loud or over bearing, and don't show off my muscles. I just have no self doubts that if anything is thrown at me in life, it's easily dealt with.
    Oh well thats good then, as long as you're well balanced. I just wouldn't be arrogant...I mean you don't need it, its like over compensation or something.

ReputationRep:
    alex pettyfer.
    enough said.

ReputationRep:
    Tall, skinny guys with good taste in music.

And all the attributes in relation to personality.

ReputationRep:
    Good job for most of us guys perfection isn't achievable. :/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2012
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.