Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Open University - Financial Support - Proof of income Watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I've applied for financial support for my OU course and it is now asking for proof of income..theyre asking for either a p60 or a pay check for month 12 or week 52 of the last tax year.

The problem is ive been unemployed since january and i dont have either of these, just a p45 from january..would this be ok for proof? what else could i possibly use?

thanks in advance for any help and advice given

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScottG)
    Basically, I've applied for financial support for my OU course and it is now asking for proof of income..theyre asking for either a p60 or a pay check for month 12 or week 52 of the last tax year.

The problem is ive been unemployed since january and i dont have either of these, just a p45 from january..would this be ok for proof? what else could i possibly use?

thanks in advance for any help and advice given
    The P45 will show your income for the year up to the point you left the employer, and you wouldn't expect to receive a P60 if your no longer with that employer at the end of the tax year. I'd be surprised if the OU didn't have procedure to deal with your circumstances, and the P45 may well satisfy their requirements. Your best bet is probably to give them a call to explain your position and confirm exactly what evidence they need.

ReputationRep:
    I think I remember that if you're unemployed or receiving benefits you can send them something that states this, in place of a P45/P60. I'm guessing letters or a benefits book?

ReputationRep:
    You can get a letter from your local Jobcentre stating what benefit you are on and when you started to receive it. Might need to phone up or go in

ReputationRep:
    I will give them a call then and see if my P45 will suffice. I'm not any on means of benefit as I was not able to receive JSA due to college and I am employed again now.

Thanks for your replies people

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.